Principal Program Manager
Program Management | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Principal Program Manager 2050
A leading enterprise software solutions company is looking for a versatile Program Manager to join the Services Enablement team. The ideal candidate must have Federal Industry experience, strong PM Skills, and experience in complex PM activity. the successful candidate will have extensive interaction and collaboration across Services and other groups involved in Enterprise-wide strategic initiatives and the launch of New Offerings and projects including potential Merger and Acquisitions and other complex, strategic initiatives. The company offers a great work environment!
Principal Program Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $110
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588, Chicago, IL 60604 or Salt Lake City, UT 84111)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Principal Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage complex, multiple, enterprise-wide programs
- Demonstrates mastery in all aspects of Project Management including scope governance, schedule, risk management, resourcing, monitoring, and control.
- Experience managing a “strategic account program”, such as scoring criteria, facilitating account reviews, facilitating executive reviews, etc.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor project deliverables, goals, and milestones.
- Prioritize work based on urgency and impact.
- Engage subject matter experts (SMEs) to support program updates and enhancements.
- Develop feedback channels and measurable stats to report to stakeholders how the program is progressing.
- Identify and escalate conflicts and be able to manage trade-offs involving features, design, and schedule.
- Effectively communicate with senior management on decisions that impact Project or Program
- Drive process optimization and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Plan and ensure project execution is well within (sometimes aggressive) timelines.
- Partner with key stakeholders and other program managers involved in new programs including representatives from sales, marketing, product management, support, development, and service.
- Work closely with Services management to ensure readiness of Services community for roll out of new programs or processes.
- Apply knowledge and best practices to design, document, measure, and evaluate business processes and policies required to meet organization and program objectives.
- Liaison with key stakeholders and internal teams in the development, refinement, and implementation of business process and policy change.
- Represent the company's Services in cross-functional Programs.
- Effectively coach and mentor others to help them achieve their goals, reach their potential, and empower them to think outside of the box to make the right decisions.
- Lead Merger and Acquisition activity for Services as needed.
Principal Program Manager Qualifications:
- 10+ years of project/program management experience.
- PMP or other Project Management Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical discipline.
- Federal Industry experience, strong PM Skills, and experience in complex PM activity.
- Experience in managing enterprise-wide strategic projects.
- Experience leading and participating in cross-functional projects.
- Capable of translating complex issues into simple terms to facilitate discussion and decision.
- Able to identify relationships between programs and determine the impact to other programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of building strong relationships across multiple teams and time zones.
- Able to drive collaboration and influence multiple teams.
- Experience working in Professional Services teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to lead structured meetings.
- Strong problem solving, priority setting, facilitation, multi-tasking, analytical, and collaboration skills.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task effectively, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with general direction and guidance.
- Excel, Pivot Tables, Data analysis skills a plus.
- 40 hours/week, 7 Month Assignment