Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Practice Coordinator 920482
The Practice Coordinator 2 is primarily responsible for representing the administrative team as the public face of the Practice and works closely with the administrative, clinical and management teams to support practice operations and customer service recovery and intervention efforts. The company offers a great work environment and chances to grow your career at a leading healthcare provider!
Practice Coordinator Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $25
- Worksite: Leading medical institution, San Francisco, CA 94143
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Practice Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Coordinates scheduling of all outpatient and inpatient surgeries for the surgical practice. Ensures that all surgical procedures are scheduled within a clinically appropriate time frame. Interfaces with patients, physicians and hospital staff to ensure adequate communication regarding all aspects of surgical services.
- Works with patients and staff to confirm availability and accuracy of medical information within APeX and to ensure compliance with all hospital policies and procedures.
- Secures authorization for surgical procedures and coordinates with Hospital Admissions Department as needed.
- Monitors provider(s) open charts and encounters and works with providers to complete encounter documentation in a timely manner to support revenue cycle workflow. May assist provider with instructions on how to close encounters opened in error.
- Works RFI workqueues to secure information for accurate billing submissions or to respond to denials such as retro authorizations, clinical documentation, and addended authorizations with add on CPT codes.
Practice Coordinator Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent with four years related experience; or college degree and 6 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with front desk registration and scheduling, insurance and authorizations (follow up/new patient/procedural auths), and surgery scheduling(highly preferred)
- Experience with insurance and authorizations (follow up/new patient/procedural auths)
- Proven ability to navigate through multiple patient records systems.
- Demonstrated administrative/office coordination skills.
- Monday-Friday 8:00AM-4:30PM
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment