Population Health Quality Abstraction Analyst
Data Analytics | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Population Health Quality Abstraction Analyst 943012
The Population Health Quality Reporting Team manages reporting needs for the Medical Center and Affiliate partners related to Meaningful Use/Promoting Interoperability, MIPS, PRIME, and other state and government programs. The team works extensively with clinical systems, quality, ambulatory, and physician leadership to accurately configure the system and improve performance across measures.
The analyst is part of a multi-disciplinary group of analysts and programmers who support the Medical Center and will configure, build & produce regulatory Epic reports and analytics. They coordinate all issues that arise during the project for reporting. Key operational activities include primary responsibility to analyze work flows and understand policies, procedures and constraints of the clinical or business operations related to reporting requirements. In depth and precise investigation and documentation of operational & report specifications is required. Key technical activities include the analysis of new releases to determine how reporting should be modified, building and populating databases and tables during initial system configuration, conducting report testing and data validation. We also develop and documents internal procedures and establishes change control processes for new development, modification and retirement of reports. Our modules/products include evaluations of objectives, quality, cost, and utilization using data from the electronic health record, care everywhere, healthy planet, caboodle, claims, and external vendors.
- Collaborates with business, technical, and clinical leadership to plan, develop, implement, and analyze highly-complex clinical informatics systems. Designs internal processes to distribute reports and/or dashboards to ensure an optimal and efficient user experience and functionality, integrity, and reliability of systems.
- Utilizes internal and external sources to collect, verify, and abstract moderately complex data related to quality of patient care. Assists with the development of appropriate data reporting structures to support quality reviews for new initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for performance improvement for clinically related safety indicators for both process and outcome metrics. Assignment includes projects with clinical complexity and organization-wide scope and involves understanding of numerous variables and interrelationships that lead to new recommendations.
- Consults with team members and process owners to gather and clarify data and reporting requirements for highly-complex outcome improvement solutions and regulatory and quality analytics.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots highly-complex data errors and problems, designing, testing, and applying advanced functional solutions. Evaluates data sources for relevance, integrity and accuracy. Identifies issues and collaborates on solutions to data management challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training preferred
- LVN / RN preferred
- Epic Clarity Data Model certification preferred
- Epic Radar preferred
- Epic Reporting Workbench preferred
- In-depth knowledge of quality abstraction standards, clinical chart review and regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of quality improvement models, tools, and techniques, including collection, aggregation, abstraction, analysis, and reporting of data.
- Advanced critical thinking and problem-solving skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems, and develop effective solutions.
- Advanced organizational and project management skills, with the ability to lead a team, prioritize tasks, and see projects through from inception to completion on schedule.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner. Ability to produce and deliver presentations to diverse audiences.
- Advanced interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with managers, professional and technical staff.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of clinical standard terminology, clinical workflows, user interface optimization, clinical decision support, rules development, data integration and mining, clinical ontologies, adoption of technology.
- In-depth knowledge of all relevant clinical informatics software and systems, and of the highly- complex concepts, principles, policies, methodologies, techniques, best practices, regulations, and standards practices involved with patient care and electronic medical data management in the UC health care system.
- Advanced expertise in Epic clinical and administrative workflows.
- Advanced interpersonal communications skills, to convey highly technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical users in a clear and concise manner, to provide technical support, and to develop and deliver training materials as needed.
- Familiarity with HEDIS/CMS/measure specifications
- 2 + years of Epic abstraction experience
- Microsoft Excel - Advanced Certification or equivalent experience/training
- Five years of relevant experience in a healthcare setting, preferably academic medical center environment
$55 per hour Remote 3 Month Assignment