Finance | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Payroll/AP Coordinator 822394
Seeking a Payroll/AP Coordinator with at least 3-5 years of relevant payroll experience, in a large customer-oriented corporate environment, to process the bi-weekly payroll and assist with Accounts Payable processing. Under the general supervision of the Payments Manager, the Payroll/AP Coordinator performs a wide variety of responsibilities which includes but is not limited to; preparation of bi-weekly payroll, processing of short-term disability and restricted stock payrolls, as well as preparing any related reports and supporting documentation. Processes incoming vendor invoices and employee expense reports for timely payment. Resolves employee and vendor questions and ensures that payroll and AP functions are completed in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulations while continually improving the processes. Keeps management well informed of current activities and significant problems.
- Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of payroll and AP functions.
- Ensures that paychecks are accurate and timely for 1100+ employees across multiple locations. Enters correct data for hours worked, vacation time, and personal leave. Prints reports and checks information with source documents to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll.
- Verifies that expected payroll output/totals coordinate with source documents in compliance with internal controls.
- Receives and reviews payroll records ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and regulations; enters payroll into system; processes, calculates, and posts a variety of payroll actions including wage garnishments, child support, levies, liens, benefits withholding, payroll liability claims, overtime hours, restricted stock earnings (RSU), short-term disability (STD), relocation transactions, third party sick pay, wage related adjustments and checks entries for accuracy.
- Process manual check calculations, work with accounting to process stop payments/reversals, enter paycheck entries and assist with check distribution.
- Coordinates the daily operation of the company's payroll system, ADP Workforce Now; which includes the maintenance and review of all employee additions, deletions and changes in payroll information for accuracy.
- Makes permanent payroll employee changes to benefits, taxes, deductions; accruals, and add pays; post to payroll computer system.
- Track expenses and process employee expense reports
- Review and verify invoices and check requests
- Sort, code and match invoices
- Maintain vendor files
- Assist with month end closing
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and management.
- Investigates employee inquiries and technical requests in a timely manner.
- Serves as the primary liaison to the company's parent company and company departments regarding payroll-related issues.
- Earns and develops the trust of others.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Updates payroll skills as required.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- 3-5 years of full time payroll experience.
- Thorough understanding of automated payroll applications, able to use payroll software and related computer applications and systems.
- Working knowledge of current payroll policies and procedures, federal and state statutes, and FMLA, and STD.
- Ability to keep routine financial records and to prepare routine financial reports.
- Ability to create effective working relationships with employees and other departments; strong interpersonal skills and able to work well with others.
- Provides a high level of customer obsession and professional demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and efficiently interact with various groups across the company as well as outside vendors.
- Knowledge of personnel procedures and regulations.
- Integrity with ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- The ability to multitask and self-motivate
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Well organized and exceptional time management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Preference given for advanced experience in ADP Workforce Now and/or Workday
- Preference given for Accounts Payable experience
- Knowledge of general financial accounting practices and procedures
- Ability to cope with change and meet challenging deadlines under pressure
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment