Administrative | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Patient Navigator 923966
The Patient Navigator serves as a non-clinical resource and liaison for patients and their families. Provides individualized support throughout the hospital stay and / or clinic visits. Develops expertise in the unit or clinic operations and systems to resolve issues across departments. The company offers a great work environment and chances to grow your career at a leading healthcare provider!
Patient Navigator Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $29
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (Brisbane, CA 94005)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Patient Navigator Responsibilities:
- Provides support during patient stay or clinic visit; facilitates scheduling, links patients to services across the health system.
- Gathers and documents patient issues, barriers or concerns by regular patient visits and open communications with families. Provides reports for management review and planning to increase patient satisfaction.
- Provides new patients with an overview of resources and general information on billing, scheduling, and locating resources for clinical questions or concerns.
- Collects and provides meaningful use and / or relevant operations data and metrics.
- Assists as liaison with other departments to facilitate improved coordination of care.
- Anticipates patient care coordination needs; provides general road map to patients to set expectations.
Patient Navigator Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Knowledge of Patient Rights & Responsibilities, Joint Commission standards, and Centers for Medicare / Medicaid regulations. Knowledge of Medical Terminology. Knowledge of data collection, compilation, and analytical techniques.
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to be diplomatic and highly organized. Ability to remain calm under pressure and apply sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision. Ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, including high daily call volume.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software including Microsoft word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- 40 hours/week, 1 Month Assignment