Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Patient Navigator 868641
- Provides high-level patient care coordination support for clinical practice
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and their practitioners and helps patients navigate various services needed during treatment (surgery, oncology, radiation, imaging, etc.).
- Works closely with Urology faculty providers, nurses, staff and management
- Provides interdepartmental support to patients who obtain services at Radiology, Laboratory, and other care specialties
- While contacting new patients, provides patients with an overview of the benefits of participation of the Urology Department.
- Responds to patient ongoing inquiries regarding treatment decisions and coordination by phone/email/ or in-person (in a clinic setting). Liaison is responsible for triaging all clinical inquiries to clinicians in a timely manner. Liaison is to use critical thinking and best judgment to assess the urgency.
- Collects, processes, analyzes and presents relevant data such as visit volume for your specific provider, schedule lag times, patient wait times in clinic, no show rates, etc. to the department and Ambulatory Care leadership
- Participates in new Urology based programs/initiatives as opportunities arise such as multi-disciplinary clinics with OHNS or Rad/Onc, New patient education sessions, etc. opportunities arise
- Participates in Patient Care Quality improvement projects such as working with our Inpatient safety officer, Dr. Cat Lau, on safety education material to send home with patients upon discharge, etc
- Responsible for meaningful use of qualitative measures for faculty on their sub-specialty team. Liaison is a response for reviewing and analyzing the monthly meaningful use reports and following up on any areas their MD is below target such as reconciling meds, printing the AVS, etc. Liaison is also responsible to escalate any issue regarding physician compliance in meeting these goals. (Escalate to Practice Manager)
- Coordinates initial appointment and assists in medical the record transfer process, as needed, for patients referred from any outside referring clinic.
- Coordinates inpatient stays as needed in collaboration with central OR scheduling.
- Confirms that all pre-treatment diagnostic and screening visits are properly scheduled
- Experience with front desk registration and scheduling; Insurance and authorizations, and surgery scheduling
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, Russian)
- Experience with insurance verification (plans), patient financial services, medical record data abstraction, or data analysis
- Direct patient teaching experience
- Acquiring knowledge of Patient Rights & Responsibilities, Joint Commission standards, and Centers for Medicare / Medicaid regulations. Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of data collection, compilation, and analytical techniques.
- Skills to comprehend and assess the patient's grievances to quickly locate appropriate resources for assistance. Working knowledge of the organization and how to get issues resolved.
Solid interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to be diplomatic and highly organized. Ability to remain calm under pressure and apply sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision. Ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, including high daily call volume.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Proficiency in Windows-based software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of computer systems and software used in a functional area.
- Preferred: 2+ years of relevant experience
$30 per hour San Francisco, CA 94143 5 Month Assignment