Patient Accounts Supervisor
Healthcare/Medical | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Patient Accounts Supervisor 1005565
A leading medical institution is seeking a Patient Accounts Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of personnel issues, quality and productivity of staff efforts, training, and special projects related to patient accounts, as well as for the review of the assigned accounts receivables. The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of all third-party guidelines, comprehensive knowledge of medical diagnostic and procedural terminology, and of federal, state, and third-party payer billing guidelines.
Patient Accounts Supervisor Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $35/hr
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (San Francisco, CA 94158)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Patient Accounts Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Monitor employee performance. Train new and existing staff.
- Perform quarterly and annual performance evaluations. Participate in the hiring and termination processes.
- Conduct ad hoc one-on-one with staff and review quality and employee production. Identify staff issues and assist in resolution.
- Ensure that follow-up is done timely and in accordance with CPG policy and procedures, and in accordance with payer requirements. Ensure that billing is done in compliance with each payer’s requirements.
- Review weekly target files to identify problem accounts and assign projects accordingly to bring accounts to resolution.
- Conduct a random audit of account activities to ensure that all collection efforts to maximize reimbursement have been completed.
- Assure appropriate staffing levels by managing leave requests.
- Triage issues to determine when an account representative should continue to pursue resolution versus when issues need to be escalated to the account analyst. Maintain a thorough working knowledge of billing and collections.
- Review denials and underpayments for an appeal or appropriate adjustment. Will utilize reference sources including, but not limited to CCI edits, Medicare LCDs, Medicare NCDs, Medicare claims processing manual, California OMFS and Labor Code, and CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS manuals.
Patient Accounts Supervisor Qualifications:
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Ability to engage in collaborative problem solving and negotiation with staff and colleagues.
- Knowledge of project management concepts and techniques, including planning, the establishment of objectives, procedures, and standards, system development, and implementation.
- Knowledge of medical billing trends and issues that affect physician billing
- Ability to react with flexibility and patience, and maintain efficiency and accuracy, under sustained and immediate pressure created by a heavy workload, frequent interruption.
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS codes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of medical diagnostic and procedural terminology is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and third-party payer billing guidelines
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment