Legal | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Paralegal 980689 (H)
A leading digital streaming network is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented individual to join the Legal Department as a Paralegal. The successful candidate will support a wide range of businesses and operations by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of media and technology agreements such as content and data licensing agreements, master SaaS agreements, marketing agreements, event production agreements, order forms, insertion orders, NDAs, as well as advising on various legal issues. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in an in-house legal department supporting sales, marketing, PR, IT, and/or procurement operations.
Paralegal Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $30-$35/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital broadcasting and media company (Remote, East or West coast work hours)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Work with in-house clients to review, draft, and negotiate licensing and service agreements with various businesses of the company. Advice on contractual risks related to data privacy, COPPA, IP ownership/control, and liability for infringement claims.
- Support advertising operations, the information security group, and the IT team by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating agreements with vendors providing various technical services — including hosting and cloud storage services, communication services, software licenses, and consulting services.
- Support various marketing, publicity, and editorial operations with reviewing, drafting, and negotiating independent contractor agreements, production service agreements, general filming and location releases, content licensing, distribution, and other partnership agreements.
- Support digital ad sales operations by reviewing, drafting, and negotiating insertion orders and terms and conditions with advertising clients and their agencies.
- Manage the contract lifecycle from initial approvals through renewals and/or termination.
- Assist and support the Legal Department with legal matters as needed
- 3+ years of experience at a large law firm or in-house legal department.
- B.A. or B.S. degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program.
- Exposure to the Internet, media, and technology industries required.
- Real experience with contracts and getting things done
- Ability to read and understand contractual terms and strong experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts required.
- Experience working on Media, IP, and Technology issues preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, common sense, and business judgment.
- Ability to work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, prioritize time-sensitive tasks, manage client expectations, and work across organizational and geographic boundaries.
- Able to learn and apply new information, skills, and procedures.
- Proficiency in Google Apps/GSuite and Salesforce.com preferred.
- Familiarity with IAB advertising terms is a big plus.
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment