Non-Clinical Patient Navigator
Healthcare/Medical | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Non-Clinical Patient Navigator 975804
A leading medical institution is seeking a Non-Clinical Patient Navigator to serve as a non-clinical resource and liaison for patients and their families. The successful candidate will act as a communication liaison to understand the patient's non-clinical individual needs, desires, and concerns. The company offers a great work environment!
Non-Clinical Patient Navigator Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $29
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (Brisbane, CA 94005)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Non-Clinical Patient Navigator Responsibilities:
- Provide non-clinical support, guidance, and assistance for patients and families as they navigate through complex healthcare environments.
- Address patient grievances at point of service. Identify appropriate resources as needed. Utilize knowledge of unit or clinic operations to propose new workflows or methods to increase future patient satisfaction.
- Gather and document patient issues, barriers, or concerns by regular patient visits and open communications with families. Provide reports for management review and planning to increase patient satisfaction.
- Provide new patients with an overview of resources and general information on billing, scheduling, and locating resources for clinical questions or concerns
- Collect and provide meaningful use and/or relevant operations data and metrics.
- Participate in medical center committees or task forces and other special projects as required to support improvements in the patient experience.
- Assist as liaison with other departments to facilitate improved coordination of care.
- Anticipate patient care coordination needs; provides a general road map to patients to set expectations.
Non-Clinical Patient Navigator Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, data collection, compilation, and analytical techniques
- Skills to comprehend and assess patient's grievances to quickly locate appropriate resources for assistance.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and apply sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, demanding environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously, including high daily call volume.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- 40 hours/week, 2 Month Assignment