Material Engineer - Mechanical
Mechanical Engineering | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Part Time, and Contract
Material Engineer - Mechanical 840944
This position will work on Materials Engineering activity related to Mechanical Parts/ Commodity in a dynamic and rapidly growing division. You will co-lead development of high impact and long-range procurement/supply chain management projects. You will also be responsible for sourcing, selecting, evaluating and managing external supplier performance and product availability.
As the engineering lead for the mechanical commodity, you will work with external suppliers as you devise strategic roadmap to support R&D and Order Fulfilment with new designs, provide DFM input and to resolve issues ranging from delivery, cost, process technology and quality.
- Participate in new product introduction to provide mechanical engineering support and oversee supply chain activities to ensure manufacturability and conformance with the supply chain requirements.
- Review all drawings and specifications created by mechanical product design engineers, ensuring that the highest drawing quality standards are met for GD&T and tolerancing, as well as proper annotations.
- Support R&D/ OF to redesign products or parts to meet cost objectives, part obsolescence and customer requirements. And work with suppliers to determine material specifications and quality standards.
- Supplier Relationship Management - Work with suppliers to ensure achievement of goals for cost, quality, delivery of mechanical parts.
- Responsible to improve company’s bottom-line via material cost savings initiatives by effectively managing material costs within the supply base to optimize the supply chain.
- Partner with Procurement and stakeholders to ensure assurance of supply for mechanical parts in all stages of the product life cycle in addition to ensure inventory optimization.
- Work with suppliers for continuous improvement in quality and capacity growth to fulfill the demand plan.
- Support company policies and procedures in ISO9001 and ISO14001 as well as other good manufacturing practices.
- Apply Six Sigma/LEAN principles to drive cost savings initiative for mechanical commodity.
- Manage outsourcing/ re-sourcing projects for mechanical commodity.
- Minimum 5 years of experience and a BS in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, or similar technical field.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical design principles to create products and tools.
- Expertise in supplier chain management and procurement
- Self-starter able to think and act independently to translate general objectives into tangible results, with a record of delivering successful designs on schedule.
- Excellent communication and ability to work well in a team environment with people at all levels.
- Experience with semiconductor capital equipment and/or precision motion controls.
- Knowledge of and significant prior experience in optics and laser systems is highly desirable.
- MS or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field.
$70 per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95051 12 Month Assignment