Jr. Performance Engineer
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Jr. Performance Engineer 1655
- Hands-on test planning, test development, testing, and defect submission. This also system test areas such as Stress, Reliability, Recovery, Configuration, and Performance testing
- Develop test scripts, execute and automate
- Execute and Analyze test results to ensure that the product functions per requirements
- Exceptional debugging skills and ability to identify the root cause of a test failure
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- 3-5 years of benchmark testing, performance analysis using industry-standard benchmarks software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- Deep knowledge of Java and its internals (e.g. JVM performance tuning, GC mechanisms, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of thread and heap dump analysis
- Familiar with Java Profiling & APM Software (e.g. JProfiler, YourKit, Eclipse Memory Analyzer, DynaTrace, Introscope, collected, Ganglia, etc.)
- Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
- Expert level understanding of the key performance metrics associated with throughput, latency, memory, CPU, disk & network and the ability to debug bottlenecks associated with any of them
- Good understanding of Application/Web Servers and their performance (e.g. Apache, Tomcat, Jetty preferred)
- Understanding of MySQL query plan analysis/tuning, replication, contention/locking analysis, and tuning
- Familiar with NoSQL data stores & caching systems such as Memcached, Couchbase, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Familiar with search platforms such as Apache Solr, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Solid Working knowledge of HTTP load generation/measurement software (e.g. LoadRunner, JMeter, TestMaker, Silk Performer, Fiddler, Firebug)
- Familiar with CI software such as Jenkins, Hudson, etc.
- Good understanding of JMX. Should have some experience in developing/using custom applications using JMX such as jmxtrans
- Good understanding of container technology preferably docker
- Familiar with J2EE Technologies (e.g. JSP, Servlets, EJB, WebServices, SOA)
- Familiar with the Hadoop BigData technologies such as HDFS, HBase, MapReduce, Zookeeper, etc.
- Familiar with creating / deployments using one of the Linux package management systems such as RPM, deb, tar, tgz, yum
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, networking topology, routers, switches
- Working knowledge of Network packet sniffers (e.g. TcpDump, Network Monitor, WinDump, EtherPeek, Observer)
- Exposure to the AWS ecosystem
- Overall 3+ years with the last two in PE Role
$65 per Hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 4 Month Assignment