IT Field Service Tech
IT & IS | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
IT Field Service Tech 796197
This is a mid-level support position for problem resolution and providing technical recommendations for more complex problems. The incumbent participates in system administration with appropriate tools such as Microsoft ADUC (Active Directory) console, MS System Configuration Manager, and Tivoli Endpoint Manager (Big Fix). At this level, assignments may be complex in nature where judgment will be required in problem resolution and training end-users. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining secure and confidential information and must be familiar with specific IT technical policies. The incumbent is responsible for the resolution of technical issues concerning desktop computers, laptops, communication devices, printers, and other peripherals. The incumbent will provide software support and user training on applications for computers, communication devices (iPad, iPhone, Android), and printers. The incumbent will document in detail the request and incident resolution and track hours worked in the help desk ticketing system and provide the customer with status updates. The incumbent must balance his or her technical knowledge and skill with a high level of customer service objectives in all operations of the Service Desk and Field Services, providing both phone-based, remote and onsite customer support. Exercise sound judgment and prioritization and reorganization of customer requests. Incumbent must be flexible with scheduling and willing to work nights and weekends.
- Provide onsite technical support, including triage, analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of issues related to desktop and laptop systems, handheld devices, printers, peripherals, network connectivity, desktop software applications and utilities, storage architecture, and IT security. Support will include staffing the IT Health Desk, a walk-up IT support center.
- Staff rotation to Service Desk or other sites as required.
- When at Service Desk Level1: handle 35-50 customer contacts per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets, and instant messenger while maintaining 95% Customer Satisfaction ratings, 60-65% First Contact Resolution, and 65-75% Level 1 Resolution.
- When at Service Desk Level2: Resolve 8-20 Level 1 escalation per day from a variety of inbound sources: telephone, voicemail, email, assigned tickets, and instant messenger while maintaining 95% Customer Satisfaction ratings:
- Handle up to 100 tickets per day while managing queues and triaging tickets based on priority and service tier with greater than 95% accuracy.
- Assist Level 1 analysts in troubleshooting technical issues.
- Provide onsite field support for designated sites.
- Complete duties with the ability to collect and communicate technical concepts, both written & verbal, to a non-technical audience with a high degree of Customer Service.
- Gather technical information and prepare IT technical Notifications; ability to translate and manage technical Notifications to customer-facing Notifications.
- Provide thorough analysis and develop/recommend cost-effective solutions to variously complex technology problems based on the incumbent’s extensive knowledge of campus/medical center standards and the Department’s requirements/needs.
- Provide front line support for a variety of clinical/business applications, provision and administer user accounts and reset passwords in Active Directory,
- Conceptually understand the purpose, general functions of enterprise applications, such as EPIC, Pyxis, MyAccess, and all its terminology.
- Knowledge of important Federal, State, UC, and information security policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of policies sufficient to recognize violations or potential security problems before they happen, and act as information security liaison for supported groups.
- Use network diagnostic tools to support network infrastructure. Add/Move/Change Telecom Communication Devices (e.g. Siemens/Cisco phones). Support and update of Amcom Pager System Database.
- Perform Proactive Rounding, as assigned. Serve as internal escalation/contact for resolution of complex issues and VIP support.
- Participate in continuous process improvement & innovation. Complete other duties, as assigned
- Participate in small to medium-sized technology projects. Of critical importance in this area is working closely with clients to analyze business needs, develop & design appropriate technology solutions, and present detailed recommendations to the client.
- Manage small technology projects, such as technology rollouts to the customer base or as a subset of larger projects. Support new project development, including systems analysis, planning and preparation, testing and implementation and client coordination as needed.
- Dismantle users’ I.T. equipment and box up for outside vendors to move.
- Must have attention to detail so nothing is misplaced, left behind or broken.
- At the work site deploys equipment and cable management to keep workstation looking clean and professional.
- Participate in the development and management of the project, project communications, status reporting, and address related customer issues.
- Work offsite and occasional late night and weekends to complete project deadlines.
- Deliver IT training to customers, on-site and remote, one-on-one training for standard desktop applications (MS Office, email clients, web browsers) and Desktop OS features.
- Moderately-complex user documentation and walkthroughs. Complete other training-related duties, as assigned.
- Maintain hardware inventory data and software licensing information to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct periodic audits. Implement encryption on all required computers and notification of devices out of compliance.
- Assure licensing compliance by recording software purchasing information, installations, and user assignments.
- Recommend hardware configurations for customer procurement
- Work with various Clinical Application Teams and provide to them the information they will require to ensure all I.T. equipment will work with Epic Server systems
- Identifies and addresses complex usability problems during the project phase. Analyzes hardware, software and network problems and resolve issues that may impact the project. Complete other duties, as assigned
- Create accurate Knowledge Base articles allowing for continuous improvement of the Enterprise Desktop Support & Service Desk programs
- Minimum two years of experience in a desktop support or help desk position, supporting Windows and Macintosh computers in a complex networked environment and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a similar degree. In lieu of degree, a minimum of one year of additional relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expert proficiency supporting MS Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Macintosh OS X, and MS Office.
- Proficiency in troubleshooting MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to act as a Desktop Hardware & Software consultant helping customers purchase the appropriate Hardware & Software for their needs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and support network connections for workstations and printers, VPN, and wireless environments.
- Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting escalated end-user client systems including desktop, laptop, and mobile computing devices – Windows, Macintosh, Android, and iOS.
- Broad knowledge of enterprise system functions, dependencies, and interactions and ability to use this information to troubleshoot. Ability to follow Desktop Support process in an enterprise environment such as,
- Customer Onboarding, Desktop engineering tools and services, Financial management Policies and Service,
- Security processes & tools, and Customer Outreach & Tools.
- Requires interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- A high degree of collaboration skills and the ability to work well in small teams and cross-functionally. Knowledge of Collaboration tools & Service.
- Working knowledge of server internals, especially as needed for troubleshooting and isolating issues.
- Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
- Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels.
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to develop and deliver advanced desk-side training, basic desk-side training, basic group training.
General knowledge of other areas of IT.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT-related products and services.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of the unit's business processes.
- Working knowledge of organization computer requirements, recommendations, and policies including security standards.
- Effective skills in technical and administrative work direction, and proficiency in project management basics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated judgment to delegate/escalate issues appropriately.
- A high degree of self-motivation and flexibility.
- Must be exceptionally resourceful, detail-oriented, and have outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to Maintain task scheduling and prioritization, to meet the deadlines of ITFS staff and customers.
- Understanding of IT Service Management, incident and request management with-in an Enterprise environment
- Ability and flexibility to support a 7x24 clinical environment and able to work flexible hours including after hours
- and weekends as needed with potential on-call responsibilities.
- Understanding of APeX printer mapping logic, setup, and support
- Proficient at VPSX print queue setup and support
- Relevant technical certification (Microsoft, Apple, A+, PMP, ITIL, MCP, MSCE, MSCA, CCNA, HDI, etc.)
- A valid California state driver’s license is preferred, since auto travel to other sites may be required
- Experience supporting the following applications (Apex/EPIC, ImageNow, WorkFront, Caradigm SSO, Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Network troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, including NAT - Network Addressable Translations
- Understanding of APeX LWS printer mappings and ability to create EPS queues within APeX/EPIC
Shift Hours: Variable between 7am – 6pm business hours
$30 Per Hour San Francisco, CA 94158 5 Month Assignment