Internal Communications Specialist
Communications | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Internal Communications Specialist 1022805
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking an Internal Communications Specialist. The successful candidate will have responsibility for supporting and helping to move forward key initiatives within the People & Places organization, which includes HR, Workplace, Real Estate & Facilities (WREF, Places). The ideal candidate has experience working with HR teams, and has the ability to see the big picture while identifying and ideating each piece of an effective communication plan to meet key objectives. The company offers a great work environment!
Internal Communications Specialist Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Internal Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
- Serve as a liaison for People & Places content updates in various internal communications channels during the regular course of business, in addition to a targeted focus on year-end projects and as the company's digital workplace evolves.
- Collaborate closely with the company's Impact Groups to further enhance workstream and processes while providing communications support for messaging and activations to further our Spectrum & Belonging efforts.
- Provide insight and communications support to the company's Events team as large-scale activations take shapes such as Holiday and Summer Fest, Take Your Kids to Work Day, and promotional opportunities for the company, the employee online store.
- Align with Facilities on safety and security announcements (i.e., weather, building information, large scale notifications, training)
- Support Recruiting initiatives (i.e., Global Job Alert, internal materials for employee involvement in recruiting efforts)
- Enhancing standardized communication campaigns (i.e., performance reviews, Benefits Open Enrollment) with creative engagement strategies.
- Contribute to our Global Internal Communications strategy and agenda and provide project support to Internal Communications team members, as needed.
Internal Communications Specialist Qualifications:
- 5 + years of work experience in communication or marketing roles.
- A College degree in social sciences or humanities is required.
- Adept at using and experimenting with communication technologies.
- Written communication, strong writing, and ability to vary writing style to meet needs.
- Oral communication, speak clearly and persuasively, and possess the ability to engage others.
- Technical skills—strong Word, Excel, and PowerPoint ability as well as experience with digital newsletter and intranet platforms (such as Contentful) a plus, ability to use visual concepts, graphic design, or HTML a plus.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and change course if necessary, to achieve the desired results.
- 40 hours/week, 8 Month Assignment