Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
The Indexer/Copyeditor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all company products. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata. The company offers a great work environment and the chance to grow your career at a leading digital content platform!
- Worksite: Leading digital audiobook and podcast platform (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
- Proofreads and fact checks all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to companuy marketplaces.
- Provides QA for Audible style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata.
- Meets daily copy editing quotas and complete prioritized processing requests.
- May need to research, edit, rewrite, or occasionally create descriptions for products.
- May need to research and assemble positive product review “blurbs” to be added to product descriptions
- A/B.S. or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities
- Editorial experience preparing online content
- Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
- Minimum one year professional proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking experience in publishing
- Minimum one year experience in Web-based publishing environment
- Familiarity with social media and Web-based research tools (e.g., Google, Goodreads) and bBasic familiarity with SEO concepts
- 40 Hours/week, 9 Month Assignment