Creative | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Indexer/Copyeditor Consultant 804763
The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor works as part of a team that accurately creates, enters, edits, and maintains product information elements (metadata) for all our products. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor focuses on ensuring completeness, accuracy, and suitability of all metadata. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor is also an energetic and creative troubleshooter who works with a wide variety of people regarding all issues related to content. The ideal candidate should be an avid consumer of media, including books/periodicals (audio and the digital reader), websites, blogs, and other digital content sources. He/she is also a self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills, a confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills, highly organized and detail-oriented, and able to thrive in a high-energy entrepreneurial environment. Previous proofreading and/or copy-editing experience is required.
- Product Metadata Indexing and Copy Editing:
- The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor proofreads and fact checks all product descriptions and supporting information prior to releasing a product to be published to the marketplaces (stores, Amazon.com, iTunes). Key elements such as a product's price, on-sale date, territory rights, availability, provider, royalty earner, associated Amazon ASIN code, and all taxonomy elements are top priority areas of review. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor also provides QA for the style in product descriptions, data consistency, and related product linking for all product metadata. The Indexer/Copyeditor Contractor needs to meet daily copy editing quotas and complete prioritized processing requests.
- Indexer/Copyeditor may need to research, edit, rewrite or occasionally create descriptions for products. The Indexer/Copy Editor may need to research and assemble positive product review “blurbs” to be added to product descriptions
- B.A/B.S. or equivalent degree, preferably in Humanities
- Editorial experience preparing online content
- Proofreading experience; copy editing experience a plus
- Working knowledge of database concepts (including Excel skills) and best practices
- Demonstrated multitasking and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide variety of people
- Demonstrated focused attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Technical proficiency in Windows operating environment
- An avid consumer of online media, including books (audio and print), websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
- A confident and upbeat communicator via written and verbal business communication skills.
- Minimum one-year professional proofreading, copyediting, and fact-checking experience in publishing
- Minimum one year experience in Web-based publishing environment
- Familiarity with social media and Web-based research tools (e.g., Google, Goodreads)
- Basic familiarity with SEO concepts
Newark, NJ 07102 9 Month Assignment