Human Resources | New York, NY | Part Time, Contract, and Temporary
HR Manager 967568
A leading broadcasting company is looking for an HR Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will work along with the HR team and partner with business leaders on talent management, coaching and development, training opportunities, employee relations, and employee engagement. The ideal candidate will be adaptable, flexible and able to confidently communicate with company leaders . The company offers a great work environment!
HR Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $40/hr
- Worksite: Leading digital broadcasting network (New York, NY 10019)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
HR Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and support to personnel for all Human Resources-related needs and activities, including interpretation and application of Company policies, performance management, conflict resolution, employee concerns, and disciplinary procedures. Along with the VP of HR, this role will serve as a consultant to all levels of management in dealing with employee issues and concerns.
- Proactively interface with business leaders to gain and maintain an understanding of all departments to efficiently and effectively assess and support their Human Resource needs.
- Partners with Compensation regarding wage/salary and benefits issues and projects, including job description development and salary justifications and proposals, ensuring compliance with guidelines and that employees are compensated adequately and equitably. Maintain current knowledge of market and industry trends related to compensation and benefits.
- Manage and keep track of employee turnover, follow up on open roles, collect job descriptions, evaluate level and comp and submit roles into the internal tracking system for approval.
- Collaborate with recruitment, with a strong focus on acquiring and retaining top talent and on building a pipeline for future needs.
- Partner with and coach new managers on our new performance review platform, offer the tools and trainings that were rolled out in Jan 2021 and coach management and employees concerning ongoing communications on performance expectations and feedback, provide guidance and support in the development of plans to correct performance deficiencies.
HR Manager Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as an HR Generalist/Business Partner in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- HR Manager experience in a large, matrixed organization is required.
- Someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, thinks quickly, and makes well-informed decisions when dealing with issues that do not always have a clear path or process.
- Ability to forge outstanding working relationships across the team and with business leaders.
- Ability to address employee relation issues and partner with internal legal counsel to project-manage and resolve issues.
- Ability to manage a performance improvement process from start to finish while partnering with the VP or legal when needed.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of federal, state, and local legislation governing employment and labor relations
- Experience working with Senior Level executives.
- Can confidently speak their opinion.
- Previous experience going through a restructure (preferred).
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent Excel skills - pulling and manipulating data in order to track & trace systems that involve quarterly promotions/merit requests.
- 35 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment