Director of Content Partnerships
Content Management | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Director of Content Partnerships 1009847
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a Director of Content Partnerships. The successful candidate will hold a multifaceted role that helps execute strategic content, development, and production initiatives with respect to its key entertainment industry partners. The ideal candidate is passionate, collaborative, and highly organized with proven success in developing and maintaining strong relationships in end-to-end partnership management, production, or business development roles in the media, entertainment, music, or film industry. The company offers a great work environment!
Director of Content Partnerships Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, PSL
Director of Content Partnerships Responsibilities:
- Act as day-to-day liaison to key entertainment partners by building strong relationships that help them achieve their goals.
- Develop, engage, and maintain strong, ongoing relationships with external key entertainment partners.
- Evaluate, communicate, represent, and apply key entertainment partners’ needs across internal departments and processes.
- Ensure that content developed and produced with our key entertainment partners thrives.
- Help produce end-to-end key entertainment partner content from inception to delivery.
- Provide insight and drive improvements to optimize support of key entertainment content partnerships.
- Leverage internal analysis and monitor external trends to drive key entertainment partnership communication, production, and decisions.
- Liaise, communicate, and deliver on end-to-end partner and production needs with key stakeholders across Legal, Operations, Marketing, PR, Studios, Content Services, Editorial, Merchandising, Programming, Product, Finance Business Intelligence, etc.
- Build, manage, and deliver key partnership best practices (and corresponding collateral) to ensure success.
- Track, analyze, and discuss partner performance and opportunities for improvements.
- Strategize, develop and deliver key partnership success summaries and plans.
- Collaborate with key entertainment partners to understand their plans and to develop innovative and high-impact integrations that will help them to succeed.
- Assist dealmakers in developing new entertainment partnership opportunities in light of strategic goals.
Director of Content Partnerships Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in a business environment with a background in account management, talent management, marketing, co-branded campaign management, or business development.
- College degree required. MA/MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Proven success in development, production, or partnership management across a content, media, or entertainment company.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Comfortable, calm, and professional when working with entertainment talent/creators and their management or agents.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams under aggressive deadlines.
- Charismatic, people-person who remains calm under pressure and who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle the ‘hands-on’ day-to-day management of tasks, resolution of problems and issues, and experience in implementing action plans to meet objectives.
- Willing to travel.
- Previous experience working in audio development or audio content partnerships.
- Previous experience working with scripted, multi-cast narrative development, account management, or production.
- Enjoy using both quantitative and qualitative data to communicate and drive partner results.
- Experience working directly with creators or developing creator careers in a promoter, talent management, agency, or platform role.
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment