Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
DevOps Engineer 2029
A leading enterprise software solutions company is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a passion for optimizing how software is built and tested. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of the CI pipeline and its role in delivering software to customers. The company offers a great work environment!
DevOps Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $75/hr
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Pleasanton, CA 94588 or San Mateo, CA 94403)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
DevOps Engineer Responsibilities:
- Help guide the team in optimizing how local environments are set up, to improve the speed and repeatability of a complex build system, and how we run CI/CD to automation for the company.
- Work closely with others on the development teams and SRE teams to help set technical direction while ensuring requirements are met.
- Support different groups including back-end, front-end, SDETs, etc.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years of related experience.
- MS in Computer Science or related field and 2 years relevant experience or BS in Computer Science or related field and 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and optimizing build systems such as Gradle, Lerna.
- Deep Unix Proficiency: understanding of Unix/Linux from kernel to shell, file systems, client-server protocols, etc.
- Experience in one or more languages: Groovy, Java, NodeJS.
- Experience with one or more CI/CD tools: Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Artifactory.
- Experience debugging and tuning JVM’s.
- Experience with git and branching strategies.
- Experience with build system and build automation: Java, Gradle, Maven, Ant, NPM, Gulp.
- Java experience, specifically Groovy/Gradle or Maven.
- TypeScript experience (preferred).
- Frontend experience (preferred).
- Jira and Confluence experience (preferred).
- AWS or Big Data experience (preferred).
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment