Digital Marketing | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Designer/Social Editor 669897
This social media editor/designer will report into the Brand & Content Director of Marketing and will support the team dedicated to building a uniquely Canadian experience. This group has one of the more enviable tasks in marketing: grow and engage a wildly passionate community of smart, curious-minded and content lovers. Operating as a brand champion, the brand marketing team creates social content, advertising campaigns, programs, and design assets for both internal and external usage, across earned, owned, and paid platforms. This role will be a unique blend of social development, design, creative, and execution responsible for launching social campaigns and designing assets that drive engagement, retention and monthly membership. Work closely with the in-house country team to implement the overall look and feel of customer communications, including organic social, online (e.g. website pages, banners, online member newsletters), and offline channels.
- Work with marketing team to concept, design, and create a website, social media, mobile, email and above-the-line assets for our company in Canada.
- Create forward-thinking concepts across interactive and traditional media, while maintaining corporate branding standards and delivering against creative briefs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to incorporate design feedback into communication materials.
- Apply the latest design, best practices, and technology trends across the web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
Social Media Editor Qualifications:
- Imagine, create, produce, and publish a daily content calendar that highlights our brand message and entertains, inspires, and supports our followers.
- Understand and embrace the Canadian market, recognize social media trends, and drive earned media and water cooler conversation.
- Amplify PR initiatives, talent, and events.
- Coordinate with customer service team on tone and content for social responses.
- Align with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with new product announcements, marquee releases, PR campaigns, and other brand messages.
- Work with the content team to surface Originals, exclusive content, marquee audiobooks, and audio series in an impactful way to Canadians.
- Build awareness of members-only sales, Daily Deals and other high-value promotions.
- Coordinate with paid media to leverage assets and information for organic social.
- Humanize our brand voice and continue to raise the bar on performance, and increase content discovery and customer engagement.
- Research and identify high-impact influencers/partners that engage in our content and can advance our brand awareness and drive engagement.
- Develop scrappy content ideas to re-enforce an “always on” presence on our organic social platforms.
- Set goals, execute content, and measure success against KPIs.
- 3+ years of prior experience in the social, digital, marketing, content, or influencer space
- 3+ years of experience as an interactive designer, user interface designer, or a similar role.
- Experience working in the Canadian marketplace or with Canadian customers.
- Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, After Effects).
- A self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player.
- Strong attention to detail and keen writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high-quality work and projecting a positive attitude.
- Fluent written and spoken French is a plus.
Newark, NJ 07102 6 Month Assignment