Deal Operations Specialist
Business Operations | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Deal Operations Specialist 1097285
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a Deal Operations Specialist. The successful candidate will play a key role in our contract execution, data management, deal implementation, and partner onboarding processes, and manage changes over the contract lifecycle. The ideal candidate has prior data entry experience. The company offers a great work environment!
Deal Operations Specialist Pay and Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 9 Contract Assignment
Deal Operations Specialist Responsibilities:
- Support the contract execution pipeline, digitally files fully executed contracts, and provide additional administrative support to the legal and content acquisition teams as needed.
- Drive to tight deadlines, act as a gatekeeper to ensure actionable data and standard work, and foster positive working relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Manage contract tooling and drive efficiencies through process improvement and automation.
- Work closely with our legal, business affairs, finance, and metadata teams to on-board new partners, enter terms in our contract database, update Salesforce, request upfront payments, and kick off contractually required next steps downstream.
- Advise the acquisitions leads pre-deal and drive the implementation of new contracts and contract changes.
- Coordinate updates at the deal, payment, and title level across relevant systems and teams.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reviews to ensure changes are implemented consistently and correctly.
- Create and review reporting to support business and content operations with a focus on rights management and key financial terms.
- Support the validation and upkeep of our contract data and support validation of deal terms and royalty data at period close.
- Provide general support for the deal and production operations team, including data clean-up projects, ad hoc research, inquiry response, and trouble tickets.
Deal Operations Specialist Qualifications:
- B.A. or equivalent degree preferred.
- Functional fluency in Outlook, Excel, MS Word, and Power Point.
- Data entry experience, demonstrated high level of accuracy.
- Working knowledge of database concepts and best practices.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem solving skills in a fast-paced time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work with a wide variety of people.
- Demonstrated focused attention to detail.
- Highly organized.
- High-energy entrepreneur.
- Confident and upbeat successful communicator with established written and verbal business communication skills.
- Self-starter with impeccable organizational and analytical skills and an eye for process improvements.
- Avid reader and consumer of online media, including books, websites, blogs, and other digital content sources.
- Amazon experience and/or experience in an entertainment, digital media, or publishing field is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills is preferred.
- Intermediate SQL skills are preferred.
- Experience with IP licensing and/or contracts is preferred.