Data Center Operations Engineer
IT & IS | Beaverton, OR | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Data Center Operations Engineer 1994
A leading enterprise software solutions company is seeking a Data Center Operations Engineer to provide all necessary assistance in regard to IT infrastructure. They will ensure that the data center environment is secure and operational for our customers. The company offers a great work environment.
Data Center Operations Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $45
- Worksite: Leading enterprise software solutions company (Beaverton, OR 97005)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Data Center Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Primarily focused on day to day Data Center, Server & Network hardware break-fix & large scale infrastructure build and deployment within tight deadlines.
- Responsible for troubleshooting connectivity issues with copper or fiber cabling.
- Provide technical communication pertaining to configurations in a concise, professional manner.
- Possess good knowledge of internal ticketing systems to provide proper customer service.
- Must identify and resolve complex server hardware and operating system failures to include the replacement of failed hardware components.
- Receive, track and deploy server and network hardware.
- On site spares stock control, tracking and monitoring.
- Perform installation, racking, and cabling services for servers and network infrastructure, both personally and through smart hands services.
- Follow and implement processes and procedures that improve stability, performance and availability.
- Update and Maintain data center documentation including port maps, rack layouts, PDU management and asset management thorough our DCIM and Power management tooling.
- Possess sound knowledge of operating systems, networking and security
- Ensure established policies and procedures are followed and compliance requirements are met.
- Implement data center and infrastructure solutions that address growth, risks and scale in support of the company's business plans.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across many organizations and various levels.
- Provide on-call support for off hours data center escalations
- Perform regular scheduled out of hours maintenance window support
- Oversee co-location Smart Hands services.
- Perform maintenance on servers & network infrastructure, including physical parts replacements.
- Possible travel to other Data Center locations to assist with projects as needed.
- Technical Degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ Years working within a high availability & high security Data Center environment.
- Experience following and implementing large scale technical infrastructure rollouts within a Data Center environment.
- Data Center ,Network/Server troubleshooting and hardware break-fix experience.
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, HTTP.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: shell scripting, Perl, Java, Python or Ruby highly desirable.
- Strong Linux scripting skills : Bash, Perl, Python.
- Previous experience following and maintaining Data Center industry best practices.
- Hands on expertise and experience with data center physical layer, racking and hardware maintenance.
- Cable management to an extremely high standard with attention to detail.
- Industry standard knowledge for copper and fiber cabling within data center environment.
- Data Center documentation and asset tracking (Jira, Confluence, Visio, DCIM, etc).
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment