Customer Analytics Manager
Business Operations | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Customer Analytics Manager 894425
This role reports into the Senior Manager of Global Customer Analytics & Insights of Customer Care and is responsible for quantitative data analysis and visualization. By combining a deep understanding of business concepts with knowledge of statistics and exploratory data analysis, you will uncover actionable insights and catalyze change for your internal customers. Your analyses may take the form of root cause analysis, impact assessment, Voice of the Customer deep dives, and more – all with the goals of building a better product, reducing cost, increasing efficiency, and ultimately improving customer experience. In the process, you will forge strong relationships with key cross-functional partners while developing a deep knowledge of Customer Care and the business.
You are Curious. You are highly inquisitive, possessing a natural desire to ask questions and test hypotheses, and you don’t feel satisfied until you achieve a fundamental level of understanding. You embrace a “lifelong learner” mentality.
You are Bright. You excel at solving abstract problems with data. You grasp new concepts quickly and are eager to learn anything that will create value. You also easily navigate the people aspects of a complex, global organization.
You are Bold. You are a self-starter, taking initiative and driving progress with minimal direction. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo, finding novel solutions to problems. You thrive in a culture of empowerment, innovation, and rapid change.
You are Passionate. You are excited by everything data, and you play with data just for fun. You imbue a passion for excellence into everything you do, not only raising the bar, but also having fun along the way. You love using data to drive product, process, and technology improvements.
- Data analysis – Obtain, manipulate, and analyze data to answer specific or open-ended questions, utilizing statistical approaches as needed, and distill actionable insights
- Data visualization – Understand requirements, gather data from various data sources, conduct business analysis, and provide quantitative insights through presentations, reports, and dashboards
- Root cause identification – Understand Customer Care’s business processes, identify root causes to business problems using data, and make recommendations
- Best practices – Recognize, develop, and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: automation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Up to 5% of Domestic and International travel
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business Analytics, Information Systems, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- 4+ years of related experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, self-motivated with the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and a track record of managing multiple, competing priorities
- Solid understanding of data concepts (databases, schemas, warehousing, ETL, data quality, etc.)
- Experience with complex data gathering and analysis (e.g. SQL, R, Excel)
- Experience with programming / scripting languages (e.g. R, Python, Bash, Powershell, VBA)
- Experience creating and sharing data visualizations (e.g. Tableau, MicroStrategy)
- Experience applying statistical concepts (distributions, hypothesis testing, confidence intervals) to real-world applications
- Experience analyzing and interpreting a mix of qualitative and quantitative data, constructing compelling narratives, and providing recommendations on complex topics
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust and partnerships with key stakeholders
- Experience working with and communicating to senior managers
- Experience working in an organization focused on customer experience, preferably Customer Service
- Experience in digital and/or web analytics with understanding of Google Analytics and Adobe Tech stack
- Experience with Redshift SQL and NoSQL databases like DynamoDB
- Familiarity with utilizing resources from the AWS technology stack (e.g. EC2, S3, EMR)
- Experience guiding and mentoring junior analysts