Compliance | Hybrid in Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Contracts Manager 1132243
A leading podcast and audiobook company is seeking a Contracts Manager. The successful candidate will identify and implement process improvements, effectively manage internal and external relationships, and work cross-functionally with other teams. The ideal candidate has prior paralegal, contracts manager, rights clearance, or other comparable experience including experience in the entertainment, media, technology, and/or publishing fields. The company offers a great work environment!
Contracts Manager Pay and Benefits:
- Worksite: Leading podcast and audiobook company (Newark, NJ 07102)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, PSL
- 40 hours/week, 9 Month Assignment
Contracts Manager Responsibilities:
- Review, draft and negotiate a variety of content acquisition, development, and production-related agreements in connection with original audio content.
- Set up and maintain rights management systems for content slate.
- Oversee and manage a wide range of content production-related workstreams involving third-party production companies, talent, and other creative contributors.
- Develop self-service legal tools and train business units on best practices relating to self-service legal tools.
- Maintain business-facing resources.
- Update and maintain repository of agreement forms and terms.
- Prepare agreements for signature.
- Assist with other tasks and projects on an as-needed basis.
Contracts Manager Qualifications:
- 3+ years of paralegal, contracts manager, rights clearance, or other comparable experience including experience in the entertainment, media, technology, and/or publishing fields.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
- Previous in-house legal experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of legal concepts related to contracting, licensing, and content production, including copyright and trademark law is preferred.
- Capacity to function autonomously yet communicate laterally and upwardly with ease is preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees are preferred.
- Client-service oriented, great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, great organizational skills, and the ability to easily switch gears.
- A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is essential.