Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time and Contract
Content Strategist 783068
The Content Strategist is responsible for arming the Content team with insights that will improve the relevance and performance of our ideas. In much the same way an Account Planner works at a creative agency, the Content Strategist will interpret data on the target audience, industry trends, and historical performance to deliver insights that enable unique ideas and improve our “batting average” in terms of idea sell-through to clients.
This position requires a blend of marketing and editorial mindsets. The ideal candidate will be able to balance the client’s marketing objectives with what works from an editorial perspective (two things that are not always well aligned).
The Content Strategist will collaborate with numerous internal teams, including Business
Intelligence, Research, Product Marketing, and Sales to aggregate and distill data into insights. Our desire is to create relevant, innovative content that both our clients and our users love. The insights supplied by the Content Strategist are integral to our achievement of this goal.
- Distill quantitative data from numerous sources to come up with unique insights to make our ideas great.
- Leverage our proprietary analytics to understand what types of editorial content are resonating with any given target audience.
- Translate performance data from both our sites as well as external platforms like Facebook, YouTube, etc. into a POV on what works best and hypotheses on what might work better.
- Utilize syndicated research to round out our picture of the target audience
- Develop a broad understanding of our properties including audience, editorial
- voice, etc.
- Track trends, current and upcoming, in the industries related to our clients and properties
- Lead internal brainstorms with your findings on a RFP and guide the discussion / idea-creation
- Present insights directly to clients for highest priority pitches
- Create case study slides for completed projects
- Create portion of Sales Decks, responses to RFP’s
- At least 5 years’ experience with some, if not all, of the following: account planning, branded
- content, agency, analytics, business intelligence.
- Ability to turn around analyses quickly
- Deep understanding of current branded content, social, and mobile marketing experiences
- Experience conducting market / industry / competitive analysis: such as internal viewership analysis, client analysis, and industry
- Experience with content analysis, tracking success and applying learnings to optimize
- Experience with social media campaigns
- Collaborative work ethic and client-facing written, and verbal skills required
- Strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint
$45-$48 Per Hour San Francisco, CA 94105 4-5+ Month Assignment