Media | Newark, NJ | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Content Associate 868377
Are you an organized, savvy achiever with content experience? Do you thrive in a fast-moving culture where customer obsession and the ability to hit deadlines is highly valued? Most of all, do you love to listen to podcasts and audiobooks?
The Content Discovery & Engagement team is looking for a Content Associate to support the launch of a new, high-profile, customer-facing initiative; you will help get our content and feature ready for actual listeners. To excel in this position, you will be comfortable working remotely in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with high expectations for work quality and output. You're used to dealing with tight deadlines and can manage the requirements of various internal stakeholders. You approach problem-solving proactively. You use sound business judgment to make quick and consistent decisions under pressure, and to share actionable insight with teammates on a daily basis.. And you love a good story!
- Work with Content Discovery, Development, and Customer Experience teams to successfully deliver on key milestones, fast.
- Manage large excel spreadsheets calmly and accurately, with good practices for versioning and backing up
- Vet lists of audio titles in our store to make sure they fit certain descriptors (and vet lists of parameters to make sure all titles have been included)
- Write customer-facing copy that includes specific keywords
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders on progress, with both quantitative and qualitative feedback to support your output
- Manage your project effectively and following consistent operational processes
- Identify and implement strategies to improve processes where needed
- All of the above for 6 – 8 hours per day without loss of accuracy due to fatigue
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Media, or any related field
- A passion for audio (podcasts and/or audiobooks) Track record of or content or metadataexperience for a media company, library, ecommerce company, or similar
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of managing multiple tasks with speed, effectiveness, and attention to detail
- Excel proficiency, especially data filters, pivot tables, versioning.
- Must be comfortable with explicit content as our catalog spans a variety of genres, including political nonfiction and Erotica
- Not required, but we’d love to hear about any of the following: familiarity with ecommerce, metadata, deep knowledge of specific genres, data-based decision-making.
We are very (primarily) interested in candidates with either a background or strong interest in audio content (either through podcasting, listening, librarian or metadata expertise, or previous ecommerce/bookstore experience).
Newark, NJ 07102 3 Month Assignment