Cloud Engineer (H)
Software ENG & DEV | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Cloud Engineer 1758 (H)
The Private Cloud (VMware) team supports an ever-growing environment that consists of over 10k virtual machines across 6 global data centers. Our team is composed of highly skilled systems and virtualization engineers spread across 2 major regions (Pacific coast US and Ireland). Our mission is to provide a highly scalable, robust and available enterprise cloud platform that enables us to provide quality solutions to our customers. We do this by continually improving and enhancing our platform while driving towards higher levels of availability and reliability.
The VMware Private Cloud Team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team to accelerate our transition to infrastructure-as-code. We are looking for individuals who possess a deep passion for automation and who want to make a big impact. This individual will share our desire to be operationally excellent and to bring about solutions that provide meaningful impact to our customers and our business. This individual should also have some experience supporting a production environment.
To be successful in this role you must have a deep passion for automation and experience supporting a production environment. You must be organized and thoughtful and always eager to share as much as you learn from others. You should be experienced with tackling complex problems and driving them to solutions.
- Support the VMware IaaS platform across the globe and ensure 24x7 availability
- Leverage and enhance deployment and configuration automation
- Help to improve observability and monitoring
- Encourage team collaboration by improving processes and documentation
- Participate in team discussions around designs and solutions
- Assist with day-to-day operations and participate in our on-call rotation
- 5+ years of experience working in a production environment
- Think automation first!
- Have experience with software development lifecycles (Scrum)
- Good knowledge of VMware technology
- Good knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Working experience programming in Python and/or Powershell.
- Experience supporting production environments
- Experience with version control systems and automation products like Ansible, chef, etc...
- Other pluses:
- Ansible experience
- Jenkins experience
- Dockers and Kubernetes experience
- Atlassian (Jira and confluence) experience
$85 per hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 6 Month Assignment