Procurement | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
- Negotiates with supplier for lower prices and better terms, develops new supply sources to address supply base inadequacies, as needed, and resolves supplier performance issues.
- Drafts and executes purchase orders and/or purchase agreements, utilizing standard templates, terms and conditions for materials, supplies, equipment, and services. Drafts custom agreements such as Statements of Work and Requests for Quotations (RFQs), including specifications and terms and conditions.
- Regularly communicates with the organization's customers, reduces risk to the University by ensuring departmental compliance with procurement policy, works in conjunction with end-users to develop specifications for SOWs and RFQs, assists in implementation of organizational or systemwide agreements, manages demand against agreements, makes recommendations regarding new supply sources; champions use of a diverse supply base, as appropriate.
- Performs cost analyses and reviews terms and conditions for appropriateness. Makes awards based on cost and specification requirements.
- Provides analysis for complex purchasing projects. Develops advanced spreadsheets and other documentation to support analysis.
- Interprets and applies policies and procedures.
- Acquires and maintains a basic technical understanding of commonly purchased products. Participates in professional development and training.
- Documents interpretations of processes, policies, and procedures for edification of customers and suppliers.
- Evaluates sole source justifications for appropriateness. When necessary, may write sole source justifications and bases for award documents.
- May support and/or supervise purchasing assistants, lower level buyers, or other administrative staff.
- 5+ years of experience working in purchasing, supply chain, commodities, or procurement
- Analytical skills necessary to evaluate the quality and cost effectiveness of multiple and complex purchasing options.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Strong level of proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Relates favorably with others. Possesses experience/education/ability to use interpersonal skills necessary to develop cooperative working relationship within the purchasing function as well as a wide variety of Health personnel and suppliers.
- Able to make sound and accurate judgments in normal as well as emergency situations. Must treat all suppliers with equal justice. Must be tactful when dealing with suppliers and user departments.
- Strong skills in the use of ERP / financial systems (such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, Banner, etc.).
- Knowledge of organization's departments and operations required in order to meet their procurement needs.
- Ability to read and interpret terms and conditions of contracts.
- Purchasing experience in a healthcare organization
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management) preferred
$35 per hour REMOTE/ Must be local to Brisbane, CA 94005 3 Month Assignment