Business Systems Analyst (H) ^
Technical Operations | Pleasanton, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Business Systems Analyst 1604 (H) ^
The Business Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between IT and business functions to analyze complex business problems and provide technical solutions. Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements. Interacts with internal and external technical resources, as well as functional Business Analysts and Project Managers. Translates business needs into actionable requirements by gathering enough information to define a solution and drive clarity to make rational decisions. Solution focus areas include Salesforce (Sales Cloud, Sales Cloud, Lightning, Content Management, Forecasting (C9 preferred, Sales Compensations systems (Xactly preferred) custom solution design and development, and integrations to other in-house applications. Works with the Business Operations team to functionally architect solutions to meet customer needs using the most appropriate technologies - considering cost, time-to-market, and serviceability. Plans and manages small and medium projects, in coordination with technical and business teams.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales Operations team, along with other groups, as necessary, to ensure the requirements are understood and documented.
- Partner with stakeholders to shape requirements and ensure alignment with business/technology strategy and planned initiatives
- Drive the planning, prioritization, design, development and deployment of new projects & system enhancements
- Evaluate and address cross-functional and cross-system dependencies.
- Responsible for understanding business requirements, creating/grooming user stories, and partnering with the Development team to deliver a solution and a plan.
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements; serve as a trusted technology advisor for business users.
- Participate in the change management and go live support processes.
- Maintain a high-level familiarity with other IT system / business application capabilities and scope definition in order to make recommendations re: upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points.
- Coordinate and perform system testing to ensure requirements are met.
- Work closely with project team during user acceptance testing (UAT); including tracking issues through to resolution and securing end user acceptance sign-off.
- Partner with business operations team members to define, plan, and execute small and medium projects, in addition to ongoing delivery of ‘run the business’ enhancements and fixes.
- Needs to be hands on and will need to understand the Apttus CPQ/CLM functionalities, in addition to Salesforce Sales Cloud, Forecasting and CPQ tools, as well as Account Planning.
- Subject matter expert in for both functional and solution analysis and light design for the Salesforce platform, and related technical areas listed
- 7+ years of IT experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 5+ years experience with Salesforce.com in an Enterprise IT environment
- Salesforce Admin Certification (201)
- Apttus CPQ & CLM Certified
- Experience supporting multiple integrated systems in an Enterprise technology environment
- Agile / SCRUM experience required
- End to end implementation experience including requirements documentation, systems configuration, project management, issue management, communication and change management.
- Self-motivated team player with clear and effective communications skills; solid time management & organization skills; ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities.
- Attention to detail with the ability to analyze and solve complex problems as well as provide documentation, guidance and instruction to users.
$95 per hour Pleasanton, CA 94588 12 Month Assignment