Business Process Analyst
Technical Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Business Process Analyst 783028 ^
Business Systems Analyst (BSA) acts as a liaison between IT and business functions, to help build solutions that facilitate VMware to operate more effectively and efficiently. Solution focus areas include supporting CRM features and understanding the peripheral systems that drive CRM functionalities. The candidate will drive the identification, implementation, and modification of business systems to meet user needs and comply with company standards and guidelines.
- Works on advanced business systems projects, and is responsible for the complex analysis and requirements definition for applications that automate business processes.
- Has a thorough understanding of the business functions for which applications are used, interfaces with Business and IT cross-function teams to identify and resolve business systems problems, and consults with various users to identify potential improvements.
- Perform hands-on solution design, prototyping, proofs-of-concept, process design and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects in the CRM domain
- Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and vendor to drive CRM implementations
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to drive business process improvements
- Facilitate requirements gathering and process mapping workshops
- Perform gap analysis: as-is vs to-be
- Document functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases
- Key contributor in cross-functional teams, BRD review, development plans, and roadmap development
- Conduct Solution reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensures solution aligned with business requirements
- Create and deliver high-quality presentations
- Demonstrates the ability to get things done through influence and relationship building.
- Leads and applies industry-standard project management techniques for small to medium size projects.
- Assists in planning projects/programs and supports business process redesign and IT architecture changes.
- Preparation of user documentation and training documentation as necessary
- Experience with multiple software delivery lifecycle methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- 4+ yrs experience of successful software project implementations with at least 2 years related to Order Management for SaaS
- Top CRM applications specific experience required, eg Salesforce, Oracle, SAP
- Must possess a strong technical background, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in hands-on design, prototyping, development, configurations, testing and other implementation activities
- Experience performing detailed gap analysis, and preparing as-is & to-be process documentation
- Experience preparing end-user documentation and conducting end-user training
- Experience leading distributed teams to design architecture and requirements for and oversee the development of packaged and integrated solutions
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation and may require collaboration across multiple functional/technical teams
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Experience with upstream & downstream processes & solutions to CRM capabilities such as MDM (Customer, contact, company, product Master), Billing, Invoicing and Booking is a big plus.
- Independent self-motivated ability to learn on the job
- Business Analysis experience in a high-tech (preferable software) company highly desirable.
- 4-year Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Management or related discipline. Advanced degree would be a plus
- Industry Business Analyst certification would be a plus
- Salesforce, Oracle certifications would be a plus
$55 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94107 6 Month Assignment