Business Intelligence Analyst
IT & IS | Omaha, NE | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Business Intelligence Analyst 8618
A leading professional networking company is looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to drive the development of reports and products that provide insights to manage and optimize various lines of business. This is an exciting opportunity as you will leverage one of the richest proprietary data sets in the world to develop business intelligence tools with the latest big data technologies, with the goal of helping GCO’s stakeholders.
Business Intelligence Analyst Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $35-40
- Worksite: Leading tech company in professional networking industry (Omaha, NE 68114)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Business Intelligence Analyst Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain complex BI reports, scorecards, and dashboards that provide actionable insights for GCO stakeholders in a user-friendly format.
- Support business partners in understanding the reports and reporting tools to allow them to better access the data independently.
- Act as liaison between data architecture and the business areas by troubleshooting and translating technical
problems related to business applications.
- Compile and transform data from various sources to provide business areas desired reports
- Define and contribute to data quality standards, controls, procedures, and documentation to support a developed reporting function.
- Understands complex business requirements and translates them into technical specifications.
- Incorporates complex new data requirements and/ or new applications within a big data ecosystem. Additionally, evaluate and improve existing BI systems and automate as needed.
- Collaborate closely with business partners within Operations, Data Science, Product, and Insights teams to provide analysis, reporting, and tool-building capabilities that inform our key stakeholders.
Business Intelligence Analyst Qualifications:
- 1+ year of proven experience as a Business Intelligence Developer
- 1+ year of professional experience with SQL and relational databases
- 1+ years in developing interactive data visualization solutions in tools such as Tableau
- Bachelor’s degree
- Advanced level Extract Transform Load (ETL) experience using Python, Spark, Hadoop, or similar technologies (preferred)
- Experience with Big Data and knowledge of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks (preferred)
- Experience with Teradata, R, SAS, Hadoop (Hive/Pig), Tableau, and Python (preferred)
- 40 hours/week, 10 Month Assignment