Big Data Engineer
Data Analytics | Mountain View, CA | Full Time and Contract
Big Data Engineer 7715
The Big Data Engineering team for a leading tech company is looking for an Engineer to be responsible for building and maintaining the state-of-the-art ETL pipelines that make this data available and accessible to the entire company to make data-driven decisions. The team works closely with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Executives, and other key parts of the business across the globe to understand their data requirements and build appropriate solutions or platforms that meet or exceed those needs.
Big Data Engineer Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $65-85/hr
- Worksite: Leading global professional development and networking company (Mountain View, CA 94043)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Big Data Engineer Responsibilities:
- Contributing to a senior-level to the Big data and data warehouse design and data preparation by implementing a solid, robust, extensible design that supports key business flows.
- Performing all of the necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse table structure that is optimized for reporting.
- Establishing efficient design and programming patterns for engineers as well as for non-technical individuals
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis on our big data platform.
- Ensuring best practices that can be adopted in Big Data stack and share across teams and BUs.
- Working in a team environment, interacting with multiple groups on a daily basis (very strong communication skills).
Big Data Engineer Qualifications:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in data
- Ability to write, analyze, and debug SQL queries
- Working experience with Hadoop projects/infrastructure
- Experience in the Big Data space (Hadoop Stack like Spark, HDFS, Pig, Hive, etc.)
- Experience in deploying Big data workloads on Hadoop infrastructure
- Experience with Data Warehouse design, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load), architecting efficient software solutions
- Knowledge of data modeling for both data warehousing and Big Data
- Experience working extensively in a multi-petabyte data environment
- Experience in engineering large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Experience with at least one scripting language (Shell, Python, Perl, etc.) is a must
- Experience with an OO programming language like Java a bonus
- 40 hours/week, 6 month assignment