Administrative | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Authorization Coordinator 899907
This position makes a difference for patients in an outpatient care unit as well as in inpatient care setting by providing excellent customer service, facilitating and ensuring the accuracy of the insurance information flow among all parties concerned. The company offers a great work environment and chances to grow your career at a leading healthcare provider!
Authorization Coordinator Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $26
- Worksite: Leading medical institution (San Francisco, CA 94143)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision 401k, PSL
Authorization Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Confirms contract/network status, addresses multiple insurance and referral/authorization inquiries from patients, staff and clinical/management teams, referring providers (PCP and specialists).
- Registration and Scheduling
- Insurance Eligibility and Benefits Verification
- Electronically verifies current eligibility and benefits (per visit, per service basis). Utilizes online access resources of payers and health plan carriers.
- Completes referral and authorization WQs and ensures accuracy in time-sensitive, deadline-driven referral and authorization requirement processes for both scheduled and urgent professional and facility services
Authorization Coordinator Qualifications:
- High School graduate or equivalent with four years related experience; or college degree and 6 months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills, including basic keyboarding skills, and experience with at least two Officetype software programs (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel). Proven ability to navigate through multiple patient records systems.
- Demonstrated experience in health care (may include medical, dental or veterinary) in the following areas: patient scheduling, insurance verification, medical record data abstraction, or patient financial services.
- Prior experience with appointment, ancillary service or surgical scheduling or a combination of all three preferred.
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual capability (Spanish, Cantonese, and Russian) strongly preferred.
- 40 hours/week, 3 Month Assignment