Associate Technician, Electrical (L)
Technical Operations | Ozark, MO | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Associate Technician, Electrical 986087 (L)
A leading video, audio, and voice technologies is seeking an Associate Technician, Electrical to work closely with cross-functional business teams, along with the core cinema engineering team. The successful candidate will utilize the tools and processes of our world-class engineering group to bring advanced, disruptive products to market. The ideal candidate must have some knowledge of the electronics industry, and a background in audio electronics, loudspeakers, surface mount technology, and general tests & measurement is a clear advantage. The company offers a great work environment!
Associate Technician, Electrical Pay and Benefits:
- Hourly pay: $23/hr
- Worksite: Leading audio video, audio, and voice technologies company (Ozark, MO 65721)
- W2 Employment, Group Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
Associate Technician, Electrical Responsibilities:
- Support loudspeaker development activities including 3D printer setup, magnetic compliance testing, mechanical safety testing, power testing, thermal excitation tests, prototype assembly, and listening lab setup & teardown.
- Perform surface mount and through-hole electronics rework assembly and test. This will require the ability to operate SMT rework stations and the capability to work with small devices, such as fine-pitch integrated circuits, DFN/QFN packages, and various SMT passives.
- Properly interpret engineering technical instructions typically conveyed through schematics, PCB layouts, bill of materials, and assembly drawings.
- Assist design engineers when determining and configuring test setups on electronic assemblies and electromechanical transducer devices, to properly verify product performance and quality.
- Perform initial electrical test and measurement during prototype circuit bring-up.
- Create well-written reports outlining findings, rework instructions, recommendations etc.
- Maintain laboratory test equipment and inventory of critical electronic components.
Associate Technician, Electrical Qualifications:
- Associate or Technical degree in Electronics is preferred.
- Experience as an Electrical Engineer.
- Experience with fine-pitch SMT soldering techniques used for board assembly and rework, with good familiarity with electronics industry-standard packages and devices, would be ideal.
- Basic understanding of circuit theory, and general circuit troubleshooting & test practices.
- Willing to work with high voltage electronics and off-line AC power supplies.
- Able to read and discuss electronic schematics, bill of materials, assembly drawings, and rework instructions.
- Capable of setting up tests, mechanical and electrical, follow procedures and gather data for engineering analysis.
- Ability to work with mechanical machinery is a plus - drill press, CNC, various saws, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to perform engineering technician tasks with minimal oversight.
- 40 hours/week, 6 Month Assignment