Accountant (H) #
Accounting | San Francisco, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Accountant 799338 (H) #
This position will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager and will assist in providing support to the company’s direct sales teams on invoicing, revenue recognition and variance analysis. The Revenue Accountant will assist in reviewing insertion orders, approving orders in the system, processing revenue/billing adjustments for all media ad revenue streams and executing detailed research on revenue variances. The Revenue Accountant must be a self-driven analytical accountant that enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Assist with month-end close journal entries as well as maintain reconciliations for accounts receivable and deferred revenue accounts.
- Audit contracts in the order management system to ensure proper order setup for accurate processing of the revenue and invoicing
- Partner with Sales Operations and Revenue team to process revenue adjustments, reconcile billing, and process revised invoices
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to identify causes of unexpected revenue variances by working closely with Financial Planning and Analysis partners and Revenue team
- Work closely with Sales, Client Services, and Ad Ops teams for ad hoc training and process improvements
- Investigate and resolve invoice disputes by working with Client Services, Sales Teams, Billing and other departments, as needed.
- Participate in ad-hoc AR and/or revenue accounting projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Positive attitude and self-motivated team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to pass a background check
- Oracle r12, OperativeOne, and/or Salesforce experience a plus
- Financial Planning and Analysis experience is a plus
$34 per hour San Francisco, CA 94105 6 Month Assignment