5G Protocol and RF Application Engineer
Telecom / Mobile | Santa Clara, CA | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
5G Protocol and RF Application Engineer 859524
- Develop test scripts for protocol and RF testing products is developing for 5G (5th Generation) wireless communications developed by the 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) standards body;
- Develop functional, performance and RF measurement test cases using Protocol R&D toolset of Protocol Conformance test set based of 3GPP NR Specifications 38.523-1 and 38.523-2;
- Responsible for new 3GPP 4G/5G L1,L2,L3 feature integration;
- Responsible for integrating and support our channel emulator to UXM solution
- Debug 3GPP 4G/5G protocol L1, L2, L3 issues, analyze logs and work with the internal teams (e.g. R&D) to resolve issues;
- Develop test cases of ETSI TTCN quarterly release of 5G NR and LTE complex scenarios using scripting language TTCN2/TTCN3 and programming language C/C++ using Microsoft Visual studio;
- Test and Debug the full suite of products from the developer’s toolset to the conformance and Inter-operability products;
- Responsible for training and debugging issues for the UXM based test equipment to the strategic customer;
- Educate customer on using solutions in 5G NR;
- Analyze the customer needs and then build product requirements and communicate them to the product management and planning teams;
- Responsible for integration, validation and implementation of functional and performance test cases for 5G wireless communication standards. This will also include regular onsite visits to customer labs;
- Test and validate test scripts for carrier-specific scenarios: Non-Stand Alone (4G-5G) and Stand Alone (5G). Beamforming, Beam Switching, Carrier Aggregation Handovers;
- Assist senior AEs in handling support for the strategic customer, including support for multiple products, interacting with local sales engineer and reporting on customer requirement
- Report to the Project Manager based in Santa Clara, CA.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education with an emphasis on wireless communication systems
- 4-5 years of relevant experience in telecommunications role
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP 4G/5G Access Stratum protocols (L1/L2/L3).
- Experience with 4G/5G mobile device testing and script development on test equipment
- Familiar with testing wireless communications devices using base station emulation, fading emulator, drive test simulator, spectrum/signal analyzers, signal sources, and network analyzer.
- Strong understanding of RF and wireless test and measurement applications.
- 5G L1/L2/L3 protocol knowledge (desirable) In order to be successful in this role
- Proven experience creating and maintaining test tools with some of these programming languages like Python, C Sharp, C++, etc
- Proven ability to work in a team, gain alignment among teams, peers, partners, and management
- Proven ability to adapt to changing product requirements during development in response to an aggressive marketplace
- Experience working across teams and geographies
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation and problem-solving skill
$60 per Hour Santa Clara, CA 95051 12 Month Assignment