Youth Care Worker - 1st/2nd Shift Weekends
Youth Care Worker | Nicholasville, KY | Part Time
All God's Children (AGC)** is a nationally accredited, private, not-for-profit corporation that has been nurturing the spirit and building the character of children since 1999 through four different programs; 1) residential facility in Nicholasville that provides comprehensive care, treatment and education to emotionally and behaviorally troubled, pregnant and/or parenting teens and their children; 2) a foster care program with homes throughout Central Kentucky that care for abused and neglected children of all ages: 3) an independent living apartment complex in Nicholasville as young women and their children transition from the residential program; and 4) a day care facility that cares for the children of the three programs listed above.
All God's Children is currently seeking a Part-Time (10 - 30+ hours a week) Youth Care Workers for our residential and independent living programs **
We have a current need of youth care workers who can also drive for AGC. Must be 25+ yrs old to drive.
We also need applicants who have Sundays open to work.
Starting rate $9.40/hr
Pay Range $9.40/hr to $12.47/hr
- 1st SHIFT (8:00/9:00 am- 4:00 pm) on Saturday and Sunday ONLY
- 2nd SHIFT (4:00 pm - 10:00 pm) Weekdays and Weekends
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, one year of related experience preferred
- Prefer experience with teenagers and babies.
- At least twenty-one years of age (25 years old to drive AGC vehicles)
- Leadership abilities
- Provide care and nurture the residents.
- Model nurturing behaviors for residents care of their children.
- Provide temporary childcare for children.
- Maintain the structure of the household routine, especially after school.
- Model appropriate behavior, dress and language
- Develop self-responsibility in residents by expecting them to perform at their level of ability and helping them to solve their own problems
- Document information.
- Set clear, reasonable and consistent limits.
- Encourage participation in recreational, work and social activities by attending and participating with the residents.
- Help to supervise completion of the chore schedule up to and including demonstrating how chores are to be done properly.
- Assist residents with homework and projects.
- Provide occasional transportation as needed (for those 25yrs+)
- Be aware of where each resident is at all times.