IT Support Engineer
Exclusive Top Jobs | Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland | Full Time
Umanova is a Swiss professional services company with an innovative and future oriented approach to consulting providing outstanding conditions.
For our international customer's outlet in Dublin, Ireland we are looking to hire experienced IT Support Team Player.
This is a permanent contract with Umanova for a long term mission.
- Extensive experience in providing IT Infrastructure field support which includes troubleshooting hardware, software, operating system issues and problems and fixing the issues without impacting / violating the hardware warranty or customer security compliance requirements.
- Valued customer centric approach.
- Hands on experience in installing, troubleshooting and fixing desktops, printers, laptop and other computer peripherals hardware problems.
- Experience or ability to follow installation instructions in installation and troubleshooting desktop applications.
- High knowledge of enterprise LAN and WAN setups and concepts. Ability to perform smart hand activity under instruction based activities at sites.
- Highly skilled in desk side support and PC break/fix including basic administration of Windows OS support may need to be provided by certain FTEs.
- Experience with anti-spyware and anti-virus software.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and RDP.
- Smart hand support for peripheral and networking hardware, including, but not limited to: monitors, keyboards, mice, printers, fax machines, scanners, routers, wireless routers, switches, firewalls, racks, cabinets, multi-port data termination panels all under ‘Smart Hands’ capability supported by Company.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systems and networks using good deductive reasoning skills under ‘Smart Hands’ capability supported by Company.
- Very good written and oral communications skills with clients and management. Good people handling skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on-time.
- Well-versed in ITIL process of incident, change, problem, service request and related activities like spare and buffer stock management.
- Well versed in IT asset management – ITAM process.
- Handle daily desktop support incidents tickets.
- Provide L2 support for technical issues.
- Troubleshoot and identify hardware related issues and coordinate with vendors if required.
- Troubleshoot any software related issues and should work with a cross functional team required.
- Hands on experience in imaging the laptops (Windows 7 and Windows 10).
- Hands and feet support to ensure the site is up and running.
- Technician should be able to manage the daily operations at the site and also able to expertly handle escalations.
- Ensure CSAT & SLA is met as per contract.
Education, Experience & Knowledge:
- Education in the field of IT – either degree or certified training.
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience in a likewise function.
- Used to work in a multinational and multicultural environment is an advantage.
- Valid experience on IT Hardware: desktop, laptop, printer, projector, mobile dev. (Smart phones, iPhone, Android Devices) IT Software: Google Mail, Microsoft environment (Win7, Win10, Active Directory, and Office), automatic PC staging application and package distribution tools.
- Driving License B
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Interact with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respect and work well with others.
- Flexibility: Successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions.
- Resilience: Maintain effective work behaviour when facing setbacks or pressure.
- Personal Motivation: Self-committed to work hard towards goals.
We are looking forward to your application. For further details please contact us at +41 (0) 22 736 12 15