Contracting offers UK | London, England, United Kingdom | Contract
Umanova is a Swiss professional services company with an innovative and future oriented approach to consulting providing outstanding conditions.
For our international customer we are looking to hire experienced Business Analyst with good knowledge on derivatives trade lifecycle. This is a contract opportunity that can be done either from London (preferably) or Geneva. You should build strong relationships with all business stakeholders, collaborate on requirements and ensure that the technology strategy is aligned with business goals and strategy.
Full understanding of the structured trade life cycle (origination, trade modeling and execution, risk management, hedging, limits, credit risk management, ISDA standards and confirmations, reset processing, settlements, option event management, P&L analysis and reporting, account mapping and sub-ledger requirements, regulatory and compliance reporting). Have a good understanding of valuation of fixed income and derivative products.
- Extensive experience in gathering and documenting business requirements, developing functional specifications, and defining use cases and test cases. Experience with the system development lifecycle methodology.
- Must be familiar with data migration, associated issues, and testing.
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions.
- Ability to recommend and implement industry best practices.
- Experience in a similar project is a must.
- Experience of having worked in a high-pressure project is essential.
- Ability to tactfully deal with people is a must.
- Analyze data and experience in writing SQL queries is necessary
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science/Information Systems, Finance or Accounting, with a minimum of 8-10 years relevant technical and business work experience.
- Knowledge of any trading platform like Misys Summit, Numerix, Calypso, Sungard, Murex etc.
- Knowledge of various valuation models and inputs to those
- Knowledge of a data warehouse system like EDM will be a big plus
- Fluent English - written and spoken
At least 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst for a large asset manager
- Extensive knowledge of OTC Derivatives: Equity, Credit and Currency and all the implications of trading OTC derivative instruments, including such aspects as legal agreements, clearing, regulatory reporting, performance and risk, etc.
- Hands-on experience of working as a business analyst in an environment that invests in multiple types of OTC derivatives and a very strong understanding of the OTC derivatives trade life cycle
- Exposure to implementing OTC derivatives within an asset management environment that has not invested in OTC derivatives previously
- Exceptional knowledge of Asset Management business process, workflows and business process re-engineering
Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communication skills
Extremely organized with strong time-management skills
We are looking forward to your application. For further information please contact
marijana.elenova at umanova.com or call +41 (0) 22 736 12 15