Senior WordPress Developer
Product Development | Almere, Flevoland, Netherlands | Full Time
TradeTracker.com is looking for a Senior WordPress Engineer to join who will help with both internal and client facing WordPress projects. Candidates must have an advanced WordPress development skillset with experience working on team based projects. This is an opportunity to lead by example, while helping to nurture and develop a culture that believes in self-motivation and growth.
Candidates should possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work individually, as well as within a team. Personal responsibility and time management skills are paramount, along with a passion for open source and giving back to the community.
Note: Please submit at least 3 links to work examples (plugins or themes ), one of which being an open sourced project!
Your responsibilities entail:
- Develop new features, plugins and advanced theme components within WordPress.
- Develop tools for internal use by TradeTracker.com
- Understand and implement security measures and understand WordPress security best practices.
- Ability to plan, conceptualize, and deliver projects (planning, estimating, developing, collaborating, testing, and QA) with other team members.
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs with performance and security in mind.
- Advanced proficiency with modern PHP & MySQL development, including object oriented PHP.
- Experience with Custom WordPress themes and plugins from scratch, able to show us examples within your GitHub/BitBucket/WP Repo account.
- Development expertise with custom post types, custom fields, plug-ins, theme development and WordPress database structure knowledge.
- Opinions on WordPress architecture including version control, deployment, server configuration and caching.
- Understanding of WordPress Shortcodes, functions, and the loop.
- Extensive experience in full development life cycle. You have experience in working locally, deploying to staging environment, and then deployments to production.
- You are comfortable with the command line and WP-CLI
- Experience transferring data through endpoints using APIs.
- Experience with dependency management tools like Composer, Grunt, Gulp, and Bower.
- Managed more than one custom WordPress site.
Bonus points for:
- CSS pre-processors (SASS or LESS)
- Responsive Frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap)
- 3rd party APIs
- AWS or other Cloud Computing platform
- PHP Unit Testing
What we offer you
Upon joining, you will be rewarded with:
- A very competitive salary;
- An outstanding working atmosphere;
- Great coffee;
- Being part of a highly motivated team of professionals.
TradeTracker.com brings together the online community’s best and brightest: working together towards the common goal of enhancing their performance marketing.
Enabling a network for both Advertisers and Publishers, TradeTracker hosts a platform offering real-time, understandable and most of all transparent data, to strengthen their client’s ability to make the right performance marketing decisions. Through a specialized accounts team who concentrate in overseeing their own specific industry, TradeTracker ensure a tailored and precise approach to the fields of Services, Travel, Telecom, Shopping and Finance.
Currently hosting offices in across 23 countries and employing over 175 people worldwide, it has the widest global coverage and traverses numerous markets. Catering to a diverse set of languages and locations, they present users a fluent experience even when connecting to vast international networks.
Sounds hot? Don’t hesitate.