Senior Software Architect
TradeTracker R&D | Almere, Flevoland, Netherlands | Full Time
As a Senior Software Architect you excel at making high-level design choices. You dictate technical standards, including but not limited to our platform, tools and coding standards. You have an overly healthy appetite for new technology stacks and the possibilities they offer, cling to technology news sites and preach your strategic views to engineering teams and stake holders.
In this particular position, you will play a pivotal role in architecting and developing the future of all TradeTracker related software products. You would be a core member of the Research & Development team with responsibilities that range from driving the architecture design and technology decisions for shaping the next generation products for various internal teams, to ensuring that TradeTracker stays on the leading edge of technology.
Within this role you will get the chance to grow and become a Chief Architect.
This position is available in:
NL – Almere
About the Team
You will operate within our Research & Development department and be part of the Architects Team. Working alongside a team of developers and specialists in Dubai and Europe, the team will bring together high end development with creative minds to perform better, faster, and more effective software to outperform the competition each and every day.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Craft features with design patterns based development approach
- Using industry established well-known application framework, taking into account:
- Geographically distributed database design
- Create distributed (micro-) services which scales elastically
- Enforce quality standards with code coverage by means of functional & unit tests
- Define Continuous Delivery (CD) workflow
- Recognize potential reusable code in the platform by observing and understanding business workflows
- Understand interactions and dependencies among services
- Mentor your peers & colleagues by sharing best practices you have learned in your career
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
- Experience in a similar position for at least 8 years
- Prior experience managing engineering teams
- Fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding sales quotas/budgets in business;
- Excellent communicative skills;
- Ability to articulate and apply Object Oriented and Service Oriented software engineer design principles and patterns, standards and coding best practices
- Experience in working with high-end technology stacks
- Experience with building quality software, enabling business capability and objectives through technology development on AWS, Azure or Rackspace is an advantage
This is you too
We’re looking for evidence that you are self-motivated, creative, communicative, hardworking and personally reliable. If you commit yourself to something, you deliver it and the result is awesome.
What we can offer you:
We can give you, an opportunity to work inside a team, that designs and delivers software used around the globe, on a scale, you probably did not see before. Along with a good salary, we offer you a chance to learn new techniques, help new colleagues and evolve within an organization that is growing.
If you are excited just reading this and are up for the challenge, please feel free to apply and be part of this amazing team.