Customer Support Lead
Customer Experience | Remote, USA | Full Time | Opened 30 days ago | From $33.00 to $36.48 per hour
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers. Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. Our online platform makes it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work associated with managing a pool of substitute teachers (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.). Our network provides subs with a wider range of work opportunities to gain experience and build their professional network.
After more than seven years in operation we are working with over 4000 schools in 7 states and have filled over 300k teacher absence days. We're a post-series B company with about 50 employees currently, and our lead investors include GV (aka Google Ventures), Owl Ventures, and Social Capital. We also have a strong commitment to diversity, and our employees are 60% people of color (30% underrepresented minorities) and over 50% female. Our board of directors is also 75% female and 75% people of color.
We’re a diverse and inclusive team. We find it easy to get up in the morning and work for teachers, schools, and students.
Swing's Customer Experience (CX) team seeks to empower our users through easy self-service and provide guidance and expertise when our schools and subs need us. As a Live Customer Support Team Lead, you’ll be responsible for providing world-class customer support, identifying customer pain points, escalating inefficiencies you identify in our support processes, and finding scalable solutions. You will oversee our team of support agents to ensure the quality and world class service standards are being met.
With minimal guidance, you will be able to handle the more complex ticketing issues, such as bugs, missing payments, payment corrections, and escalations. You are highly organized, empathetic, a thoughtful communicator, and energized by helping our school partners and substitute teachers get the most they can out of their Swing experience.
This is a full-time remote position that will be covering a Pacific Standard time zone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day to day support operations for your customer group
- Responsible for ensuring the team is meeting KPI goals
- Manage associate data tracking (tickets per hour, quality, CSAT) on a daily and weekly basis
- Conduct quality assessments and provide weekly coaching based on results
- Identify areas for professional development for Tier I and II associates
- Own Trello tracking to ensure payments are being processed in a timely manner
- Provide guidance and ongoing coaching and training for difficult tickets
- Work closely with Tier II technical support to ensure all product changes are documented for internal and external use
- Provide high quality, efficient and helpful responses to customer and substitute requests through channels like Zendesk emails/tickets, live chat, and phone for all ticket types
- Triage and escalate tickets as necessary to CX team leadership
- Suggest, update, and create content for our external Help Center and internal knowledge base to provide an easy, self-service customer experience (macros, help articles, etc.)
- Flag user pain points and provide suggested solutions to the appropriate teams
- Identify areas of improvement in support processes
- Use tools and knowledge base efficiently to maintain low ticket processing times and increase tickets per hour.
- Provide support to other teams as requested
- Take part in company and team initiatives
- Have regular 1:1 sessions with Support Agents
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ year of experience as a team leader or supervisor on a support team preferred (preferably remotely)
- Email and Phone Support based customer service experience required
- Highly empathetic, takes time to understand customer pains, needs, and wants, and goes the extra mile to make sure customer issues are resolved as quickly as possible
- Hyper-organized and extremely detail-oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills preferred
- Intermediate Math and Writing skills required
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in working with diverse teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- You consider yourself a technology enthusiast and enjoy learning how to use new technology tools
- Open to traveling twice yearly for team events
Salary is commensurate on experience and is adjusted for cost of living standards dependent on position location. Swing Education offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following perks:
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous FTO
- Paid holidays
- Parental leave
- Stock options
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.