Staff/Sr. Data Scientist
Data Science | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
ShareThis uncovers the topography of human behavior, unlocking the power of digital behavioral data while providing stewardship and respect for global consumers who share their data.
ShareThis is known for our free sharing tool, first offered in 2007. From the 3.5 million websites around the world that use our sharing tools, ShareThis assembles data from billions of page visits every month, under agreements with site owners and with the consent of site visitors. From this data, ShareThis builds products to help marketers understand and connect to groups of consumers most likely to be interested in that marketer’s products and messages. We partner with agencies, brands and many leading advertising and marketing technology companies. Our clients and partners choose ShareThis data for its unparalleled scale, breadth, and insight.
At ShareThis, we focus on providing the best quality of web user audiences to our partners and the advertisement technology markets. Much of the business is rooted in the use of cutting edge Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) and Data Science in assessing and improving web browsing experience for billions of web users and in helping tens of millions of web sites understand their customers. Are you ready to join our data science team and make substantial contributions and historic impacts? A Data Science team is looking to expand its group and welcome a talented NLP/ML expert, who is just as excited about these technologies as we are.
- Lead ideation, development and (quantitative/qualitative) evaluation of new NLP/ML products
- Query, preprocess and experiment on terabytes of textual data via big data tools, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google BigQuery, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Be a collaborative team player as well as an individual contributor (IC)
- Provide and share guidance with other members of data science and engineering teams
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, timelines and deliverables to senior management, peers and other stakeholders
- 4+ years of related industry experience in NLP, ML and data science
- PhD in STEM
- Strong coding experience in Python, including pandas, numpy, sklearn, nltk etc.
- Strong SQL, database querying skills, big data ETL and munging.
- Strong NLP skills, including text summarization, information retrieval, sentences embeddings, WordNet ontology
- Strong ML skills: un/supervised learning, training/testing/evaluation/selection of ML models, linear/logistic regressions, CART, KNN, ensembles, K-Means, Hierarchical Clustering, Neural Networks, PCA, NMF, tSNE, UMAP, etc.