Product | Remote | Full Time
ShareThis is a leader in behavioral data products. From a continuously refreshed, broadly representative, and privacy-compliant aggregation of global digital behavioral data, ShareThis derives insights into the interests of consumers and businesspeople. These insights are delivered as data products used by enterprise technology platforms to drive better business decisions and outcomes.
The Role - Own the process of privacy management at ShareThis:
● Establish and maintain content and materials as guides for employees, clients and suppliers, both for direct access and as inputs to Marketing for external communications. Structure content for and, in some cases, lead internal training sessions to educate employees on privacy practices and obligations.
● Operate a process for ensuring compliance with ShareThis policies and regulations by its vendors and clients. In particular, ensure that clients provide adequate disclosure and documentation of their use of ShareThis data, and, for vendors, of the sources and methods used to prepare data supplied to ShareThis.
● Lead the process whereby ShareThis responds to external inquiries for documentation of its privacy practices, by educating client- and vendor-facing team members in the answers to common questions as well as their rationale, so that they can represent the company’s practices in most cases, and by responding or organizing ShareThis’s efforts to respond to questions that front-line employees are unable to confidently resolve independently.
● Represent ShareThis to external entities important to ShareThis privacy objectives, including industry organizations and suppliers or partners involved in validating ShareThis practices.
● Serve as a voice and advocate for ethical, transparent use of data across our company.
Requirements and Qualifications:
●The ideal candidate would have experience managing a privacy program for a company offering data products
● In addition, and potentially in lieu of direct privacy management experience, experience in sales, operations, product management or other responsible roles in a business where privacy compliance is an important component of the product or service offering. Preferably this experience would include a demonstrated interest in and some mastery of privacy issues and requirements.
● Experience in advertising and marketing data and/or technology businesses would be highly valued, especially if that experience includes exposure to and familiarity with data-centric technologies such as databases, data querying, programming, analytics, and/or cloud infrastructure.
● Strong project management skills, and an ability to design effective business processes
● Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare and communicate technical materials to groups in disparate locations. An ability to deliver important messages with conviction, and to simplify complex topics for clearer communication desired.
● An educational or other background that prepared the individual to independently investigate and form a clear understanding of complex legal, technical and operational subjects.