Director, Data Science
Data Science | Palo Alto, CA | Full Time
ShareThis uncovers the topography of human behavior, unlocking the power of digital behavioral data while providing stewardship and respect for global consumers who share their data.
ShareThis is a big data company that owns online behavior data of billions users globally. At ShareThis, we focus on providing the best quality of web user audiences to our partners and the advertisement technology markets. Much of the business is rooted in the use of cutting edge Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML) and Data Science in assessing and improving web browsing experience for billions of web users and in helping tens of millions of web sites understand their customers. We are developing a data science platform for extracting insights from data. We are looking for a data science leader who is strong in both natural language processing (NLP) and algorithms for model building and insight extraction. You will provide the vision of data science to the company, lead the development of data products using data science technologies, mentor junior data scientists. Are you ready to join our data science team and make substantial contributions and historic impacts?
- Lead ideation, development and (quantitative/qualitative) evaluation of new NLP/ML products
- Query, preprocess and experiment on terabytes of textual data via big data tools, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google BigQuery, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Be a collaborative team player as well as an individual contributor (IC)
- Provide and share guidance with other members of data science and engineering teams
- Communicate clear goals, objectives, timelines and deliverables to senior management, peers and other stakeholders
What we expect from you
- 3+ years in leading a high caliber data science team.
- PhD in a field related to data science, machine learning, or artificial intelligence
- Extensive experience in natural language processing, experience in embeddings, such as BERT and MUSE, is highly valuable.
- 5+ years of experience in applying machine learning algorithms
- Deep understanding of machine learning algorithms, such as deep learning, GBM, SVM, etc
- Extensive experience in feature generation, feature selection, and model tuning
- Familiar with machine learning packages such as sci-kit learn
- Fluent in Python
Nice to have
- Experience in FAISS, BigGraph, LSH
- Programming experience in Scala or Java
- Experience with Spark, Spark ML, and PySpark
- Experience with TensorFlow on Spark