Data Science Intern
Data Science | Palo Alto, CA | Internship
At ShareThis, a data company we are focused on providing the best quality of Internet user audiences to our partners and the ad tech markets. To fulfil this objective, the company hires and grooms top notch data scientists and engineers, who capable of building and evaluating cutting edge models and production-level algorithms in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML). This summer, ShareThis Data Science team is looking to hire several unpaid interns to help with these models, while learning about ad tech and real-world applications of NLP, Python, text embeddings, Neural Networks and other hot tools. An exceptional candidate with a stellar performance will be given an offer to join ShareThis after the internship, subject to hiring availability.
NOTE: This is an UNPAID summer internship with the Data Science Group at ShareThis.
- Qualitatively and quantitatively analyze textual data and evaluate cutting edge models in machine learning and NLP
- Apply and advance your data munging and coding skills to evaluate models
- Work with and learn from top scientists and engineers in high tech industry
- Learn and understand the advertisement technology industry and ecosystem
- Learn and understand the production level constraints, systems, and solutions
- Work with engineers to productionalize the models
- Develop methods to evaluate new machine learning models on domain specific corpora
- Make a presentation at the end of the summer about your progress and achievements
- Learn and utilize big data tools, such as GCP, BigQuery, AWS and others
- Students in STEM with at least a bachelor’s degree or near graduation from top STEM programs.
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Strong coding experience in Python or R, including pandas, numpy, scklearn, nltk, caret, e1071, …
- Database querying skills, including SQL.
- Previous coursework in Statistics, Computer Science and Machine Learning.
- Commitment to work 40 hour/week onsite in Palo Alto office, when California’s Shelter in Place order ends, and over a video conferencing.
- Understanding of key NLP and statistical methods
- Understanding ML ecosystem: clustering, supervised learning, training/testing, linear regression, logistic regression, etc.
- Prior experience with building and evaluating machine learning algorithms
- Student near completion of their MS or PhD in STEM from a top program
- Strong record of publications, conference talks, Kaggle competitions