Sales | San Jose, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: The ideal candidate must have 3+ years sales experience and knowledge in stock shape sales. Sales experience in plastic and metal fabrication will be considered. Candidate must be driven to succeed, well organized, a team player, resilient and a quick learner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Creates and manages a business plan focusing on key and target accounts with annual revenue of $20,000+
- Develops new business
- Makes Cold Calls
- Creates and closes sales
- Maintains and services existing business
- Provides feedback on changes in the market place
- Manages assigned territories
- Increases margin through up-selling, specification and development work
- Develops quotes, contracts and agreements to secure long-term business
- Completes sales reports, itineraries and forecasts
- Attends Manufacturers Representatives educational meetings on product lines and applications
- Identifies potential specialized markets and applications for future growth potential
- Identifies customer needs by creating more value to the customer than our competitors and establish a long term partnership
- Travels when needed for meetings and customer contact
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time