Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance | Buffalo, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for implementing and training of all quality assurance efforts within the branch, including the development and implementation of the quality assurance procedures. Assists quality-related activities in conjunction with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Customer Service, and any other department/function that affects the quality of the organization’s goods or services. Resolves escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following, as well as other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the development, implementation adherence to a quality program
- Develops and/or reviews standards, policies, and procedures for all functions and departments involved with or related to the production of all products.
- Analyze specifications and statistical data and report to department managers
- Continuously improve upon QA processes
- Receives and reviews all customer satisfaction surveys and customer contacts and complaints. Reviews complaint trends and product/component failure analysis; reviews corrective actions with appropriate personnel
- Prepares reports and other documentation required by regulatory agencies and to support ISO 14001 compliance
- Manage and ensure the internal audit process is effectively carried out
- Schedules and performs quality audits and reports findings to staff
- Manage the quality training program. Educate sales and production departments on quality policies and objectives
- Meet with both customers and vendors to investigate performance improvement methods
- Manage the corrective action process and report to staff results
- Coordinates and leads customer and registrar ISO 14001 and AS9100D quality audits
Experience: Experience in both quality assurance and quality control activities. Ability to read and interpret prints drawings and customer contractual requirements. Manufacturing and Inspection background experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time