Purchasing | Fullerton, CA | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Works with supply chain managers and buyers to support the processing of purchase orders
- Provides detailed purchase order confirmations
- Provides shipping confirmations
- Works with vendor and buyer to correct purchase order discrepancies, communicates discrepancies to the buyer and sales representative
- Monitors and expedites late shipments
- Verifies receiving discrepancies, researches open purchase order lines and back orders.
- Verifies discrepancies of drop ship orders. Requests invoices from vendor and notifies buyers.
- Works with manager, supply chain consignment and warehouse personnel to perform periodic consignment sales reporting for selected suppliers and branches.
- Supports timely project completion through performance measurement reports, process development and improvement.
- May expedite delivery of goods to users, processes debit memos and returns
- Makes inventory adjustments, supports handling drop, stock, and transfer emails, acts as a resource for bank and CPA Inventory Audits, monitors daily purchase order reports, collects resale / tax exempt certificates and processes RMAs & credits for vendor purchases.
- Participates in a team environment, supporting and assists team members on systems and processes. May provide training on systems and processes.
Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in related field or equivalent experience. 1 to 3 years of purchasing or inventory planning experience is a plus. Working knowledge of purchasing, scheduling or inventory management processes.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full Time