Manufacturing | Rockford, IL | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Plan
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
Summary: The Production Manager implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, and efficiency by enforcing organizational standards and coordinating the activities of production employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Program CNC machines using Mastercam
- Set up machines and manage tooling
- Troubleshooting—equipment, processes and programs
- Assess and manage operator efficiency and machine utilization using productivity software
- Manage production employees across all shifts to drive productivity, accuracy in reporting, and efficient operation of machines
- Lead daily production meeting to communicate safety, quality, and scheduling of jobs
- Work with engineering, ensure that material, tooling and programs are available for scheduled jobs
- Complete production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel and establishing priorities
- Maintain quality by establishing and enforcing organizational standards
- Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintain work flow by setting processing variables (cycle times), observing efficiency and equipment performance
- Compile production performance records and data to address questions/issues
- Develop reporting procedures for production issues (maintenance, programs)
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Assist the workforce regarding safety, scheduling, and personnel issues
- Maintain workforce by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Work with staff to develop personal growth opportunities
- Maintain compliance within established policies and procedures
- Support company mission, vision, strategic plan and goals
- Quality Control – first article, in-process and final inspection
- Program optimization – red-line revisions
- Inventory management of value added products and programs
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management
Experience: Production management experience required. CNC Programming and Cam Systems knowledge required.
If being part of the Professional Plastics Team sounds EXCITING to you, APPLY now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time