Planner / Scheduler
Manufacturing | Orchard Park, NY | Full Time
Professional Plastics, a leading distributor of high-performance engineering plastic shapes, is currently offering great career opportunities in the plastics industry. We are a family-owned and operated business that values hard work, integrity and ethics. We are interested in hiring motivated professionals who share our core values and desire to be part of a dynamic team. Established in 1984, Professional Plastics has grown to 21 locations across the USA, Singapore & Taiwan. Professional Plastics is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits.
Summary: The Planner/Scheduler is responsible for processing Work In Progress (WIP) orders while providing operational support functions. This position communicates with purchasing, sales, operations and warehouse personnel and management as needed.
Experience: 2+ years of professional experience in operational warehouse clerical duties. Experience with administration and coordination across a wide variety of departments preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Receive and process Work In Process (WIP) customer orders to completion on all WIP Travelers
- Timely and professionally handle all telephone inquiries related to orders and shipments, price and availability of parts and communicate additional information as required
- Reads print break down of material used per job, adjusts material usage, time per operation issued, and goods receipts
- Utilizes scheduling software to schedule WIP jobs
- Edits to bills of material, routing and structure for FAB parts
- Determines material requirements
- In conjunction with Estimator and WIP coordinator, analyzes completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Provides improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs
- Identifies cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- Ability to decipher the standard use of all machines:
- Ensures project documentation and value assurance to accuracy of the job details input by operation/machinist.
- Ability to communicate and work closely with warehouse manager
- Resolves customer complaints resulting from damaged parts, files customer and company freight claims when required
- Provides constructive feedback and weekly summary to management on non-profitable jobs in order to meet company goals and objectives
- Attends and participates in branch sales & training meetings
Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K Plan, Basic Life and AD&D, Voluntary Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Employee Assistance Program
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
Job Type: Full-time